The Heartbroken Man and The Horrible Mother

Sage

DAU...DAUGHTER!?

When I turn around to look at him I see a torturous expression formed all over his face. And without saying a single word he just walked away. I watch as Greyson passes Bianca and the little girl then leave the lobby. He didn't look back once, he...he didn't even look at me.

"Immature." Bianca scoffs. "Typical Greyson behavior."

"Bianca I think you and the girl should leave." Hudson swallows hard as he drops his arm.

"My daughter wanted to meet him and so I intend for them to meet." Bianca explains, then moves her attention to me. "How does it feel knowing he stuck his bare dick in another wo—"

"There's a child!" Hudson shouts.

Oh my gosh...Greyson got another woman pregnant. But why wouldn't he tell me? Why would he hide such an important fact? This makes no sense, he tells me everything, he shows me all of his bad sides so easily.

I wonder what this child looks like, maybe it's not his...

Hiding behind Bianca, I observe the little girl and instantly recognize her. Scarlett. That same child I met in the cafe when I used to hang out with Dorian. The beautiful girl who I assumed had gorgeous parents. And worst of all who shared something so distinct with Greyson, it was uncanny. 

Her eyes

The color of the sea after a storm, a hauntingly captivating pair of piercing and luminous gray eyes. There was no denying it, she had her mother's shiny and luscious hair, even shared a similar facial structure for a child. But she most assuredly had her father's eyes, it was a small trait but I can't think of anyone in the world with such distinct eyes and a gaze like that.

"Scarlett knows how daddy fucked mommy silly and then she was born." Bianca pulls out a cigarette from her purse. "I have no secrets from my child."

I can't hear this...

But looking at Scarlett and how she keeps looking back, that was a child who desperately wanted to see her father. She looked like she was fighting to keep from crying but it's not working as she planned.

"Does your child know that you killed Greyson's child? That Greyson's not her father? That her mother is a frivolous woman? Does she!?" Hudson yells angrily.

Killed Greyson's child?

My eyes widened and I stared at Scarlett who looked like everything went to shambles around her.

"She knows I tried to kill her but my lawyer said it wouldn't be beneficial—" Bianca starts.

A child...one who's so young has been told by her own mother...that she was so unwanted that her mother wanted to abort her? Scarlett drops her head and without hesitation, I storm towards the hurt little girl and grab her.

"How dare you!" I hiss, tightly holding Scarlett in an embrace, covering her face.

Bianca raises an eyebrow. "There's no use lying to her, she knows I think her existence is a hindrance."

"Sage, don't. This isn't out battle—" Hudson starts but I look at him.

Standing up, I grab Scarlett's hand. "It doesn't matter. Anyone unwilling to love their child and protect them from hateful things like that shouldn't be ignored. Especially when their child is right next to them listening. And whether or not this is Greyson's child I won't allow this girl to go back with her."