THE MISSING GIRL AND THE MIDNIGHT RUN

Greyson

SAGE SLADE IS BY FAR THE MOST DIFFICULT GIRL

I've dealt with women who've stalked me, thrown things at me, constantly bombard me with messages asking about the status of our relationship, and then of course the one's who instantly fall in love with me and cry when I explain to them we were nothing more than a one night stand.

Even so, Sage takes the cake.

Unfortunately she is right, I could never love her the way she desires to be loved, I'm not a man who's accustomed to 'love'. My Father had never shown any affection, my Mother died when I was at a young age, and Hamilton is an ass. Dawn may be the only one who truly cares about me and even that's not enough to repair the damage.

"Mr. Blackstone." Brooke knocks on the door to my office.

Brooke is my new assistant, the one Dawn hired for me preferred working closer to home, and the towers are much farther than the school. So I didn't blame her and Dawn found work for her at the school.

The assistant I hired is the complete opposite of what I should have asked for. At first I wasn't even going to interview her since her looks immediately distracted me but after seeing qualifications I couldn't pick another person for the job. Which is difficult because this tower is priority and I cannot mess anything up because I want to lay Brynn, again.

"Yes?" I say, my eyes glued onto a variety of papers.

"I'm on break." She informs me.

I stay silent, focused on my work, waiting for her to say something relevant.

Realizing that I didn't care the first time, Brooke repeated. "I'm on break."

My attention slices to her and I lean back into my seat. "And?"

"You've explained to me that..." She closes the doors behind her. "when I'm on break I should report to you immediately."

Oh, I see.

This was indeed true.

"Sorry, I'm busy." I inform her but take note her willingness to please her boss.

I've hired a slut, just great. 

A smart slut with a Columbia background.

"A few minutes won't hurt, plus you've been looking very stressed sir, and we can't have you that way. It's bad for your health." Brooke pushes, then starts strolling towards me.

I look her in the eye as she seats herself on my desk.

A desk we've had sex on.

"If you're trying to seduce me," I say. "stop."

"Why?" Brooke leans close into me.

"You do understand I am your boss." I explain to her.

"Okay, sir, then boss me around in other ways." Brooke grins, her face inching towards mine.

Brooke waits for me to say something, but I don't, so she doesn't hesitate lunging in for a kiss. I don't fight her off and instead pull her closer.

"I refuse to fall in love with a guy who will break my heart."

Brooke reaches for my tie and pulls it off while I quickly unbutton her shirt.

"Your lifestyle...being a ladies man and being around all these beautiful women and sleeping around..."

I push everything off the desk and push Brynn onto her back.

"I can't do that to myself..."