The Never-Changing Man and The Truth That Hurt

Sage

~*TWO MONTHS LATER*~

THANKSGIVING BREAK HAS ARRIVED

"Have a great Thanksgiving." I say to Evelyn and Nora as I walk down the separate path.

"You too sweetie!" Nora smiles.

"Have lots of food babies!" Evelyn jokes.

"Okay guys!" I reply.

When we're far enough I walk down the corner to the black car parked and waiting. Surprisingly it was Walter behind the wheel and not some random guy. As I slid into the backseat, getting comfortable with the nice leather, I smiled at Walt.

"Long time no see." I say to him.

"Miss Slade, nice to see you as well." He replied with a large smile.

"So how have you been?" I ask.

"Great, yourself?" He looks at the rear view mirror to me.

"Good." I inform him, then swallow down the lump in my throat and ask. "Greyson?"

"He's fine, just getting grey hairs." Walter jokes. "He's been working very long hours of the day, I barely see him anymore. I would but he insists I be home by 3 today to be with my family during the holiday."

Seeing how great he is to Walter didn't help the feelings I've been burying for him. Greyson has such a great and caring side to him, I wish he was like that all the time. Then again he'd most likely be married already then.

"So why are you picking me up today?" I ask.

"Well," Walter chuckles. "Don't tell him I told you but he wanted me to personally check up on you."

"Oh." I say, clenching my jeans tightly.

I haven't seen him in two months and admittedly I wanted to. I've been picturing him every night before I go to bed but lately his image in my head has become hazy.

"If you'd like, I could take you to the towers to see him." Walter offers.

"No, he's probably busy." I dismiss the idea.

"I'm sure he could take a break for you." Walter pushes.

"It's okay, I'm fine, I want to go home anyway and help my Dad with Thanksgiving preparations."

Walter's smile fades. "He's been rather lonely, Miss Slade."

"Huh?" I look at him.

He shakes his head. "Nevermind, forget what I said."

"No, tell me."

Walter sighs. "I've been with Greyson Blackstone since he was a child, I've been with him through his adolescence, and most certainly through his adulthood."

"Yeah." I nod.

His expression saddens. "Always during the holidays, Greyson piles himself with work, and pushes everyone away. He's always alone when he should be with his family and he's been like that since his mother died. So I wanted you to go see him because he always livens up around you."

"That's because I anger him." I scoff.

"No it's because Greyson trusts you." Walter says. "Listen, I'm not forcing you or pitying you to go, I just want you to think about him. I know you two had a falling out and you'd rather not see him, but I need you to know that despite the man he seems to be, it's not the man he is."

I bit my lip.

"Well either way we've arrived at your home." Walter informs me.

I grab the door handle and open the door.