Fury

SAGE

"We should go to an aquarium later, I want to look at the sharks." Travis suggests, with a bright smile on his face.

I'm disgusting, yesterday I fed into a horrible impulse to see Greyson and despite the bickering I haven't felt so alive in forever. Now I'm naked in bed with my boyfriend thinking about what Greyson told me to do, how he basically demanded I come back to live with him.

The idea is crazy, it's been four years and we're both different people now. Our connection is still there but what if we were to realize it was all based on a whim. Feeding into an old flame that should've been put out years ago. 

"I'm not feeling to well." I inform him.

He gives me a concerned look. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing...I'm just...exhausted." I lie.

Travis sits up. "Well I can drive up to a store and get you something."

The reason I feel unwell can't be spoken out loud, it will not only hurt someone but feed into something that I need to obliterate from my mind. I hate that I went to see Greyson because I was infuriated that he not only chose Bianca but didn't even say anything seeing me walk into his hotel with another man.

Only to find out he tried to be mature and I was being selfish intruding into something I had no place being.

"Travis I just was to rest, I appreciate it though." I pull the cover over me.

His brow arches. "I didn't want to say anything but I've noticed some things."

"What?" My heart drops.

He leans over to me. "You've been acting strange since the hotel and you haven't really caught me up on some of your familial background either. I'm just wondering if something about that perhaps has been stressing you. I mean even during sex where I usually get all your attention, I see you drift off into space. Which I gotta say, hurts a guys ego."

"I'm just not feeling well, there's nothing more to it."

Travis scoffs. "I typically don't care for your evasiveness."

"I'm not being evasive I just don't feel well, where is this coming from?" I frown.

His eyes slice to mine. "Because I'm hurt Sage, you didn't see yourself the way I did that night. I watched emotions come out of you from a complete stranger that I have never seen or even thought existed. I'm possessive too, especially with a girl like you, but you looked at a man with another woman and was not only torn but extremely angry. Like a lovers quarrel, yet you both were with your own significant others."

"That's not true."

"Then what's the problem!?" He snaps. "Because I'm no idiot Sage, that night I lost the girl I fell in love with and ended up with her shell. It's like you're giving me leftovers of yourself."

I sit up. "Travis, it's not like that...I'm just going through some things."

"I love you, Sage." He tells me, his tone as serious as can be. "And that's nothing I take lightly, I'm just hoping you're not toying with it."

Why is he making this more difficult? Why couldn't this just be an easy choice, between a guy who I loved so much that it overwhelmed me or the one that makes me feel safe in every way possible.