The Peaceful Man and The Hot Chocolate

Sage

THERE'S NOTHING BETTER THEN A NICE CUP OF HOT CHOCOLATE DURING THE COLD SEASONS

"Slow down or you'll get brain burn." Dorian grins.

"That's not real." I say, sipping my cocoa.

Dorian shrugs. "Only if you believe it doesn't."

I roll my eyes. "Well, I don't."

Today Dorian and I are going to see Coldplay, he snagged us a pair of tickets recently. I wasn't going to say no to a free concert performed by these musical geniuses. Plus it's been a long time since I've seen a live concert, not since The Monster Tour staring Eminem and Rihanna. Ah, memories.

Before going to the concert we decided to meet up and hang out for a bit. So we've gone to the mall and window shopped, played some video games at Gamestop (I beat him twice) and then got some warm drinks to stray away the winter weather.

"So, this is probably going to be severely blunt, but I'd like to make our arrangement to be a little more permanent." Dorian blurts out.

I stared at him, puzzled. "What?"

"You and I text everyday, we see each other and have fun...at least I hope you have fun with me." He chuckles, sheepishly.

"Of course, you're a blast." I assure him.

Dorian smiles. "That's good. Well...er, I'd like us to have fun together...as something more than friends."

Suddenly my eyes widened.

He isn't...

"Basically what I'm saying is," He clears his throat. "I'd like to be your boyfriend. I know it's probably sudden to ask this given we've only known each other for a short amount of time but I like you. A lot. And I want to make sure no other guy gets the chance to snag you before me."

"Dorian." I breathe.

"You don't need to answer now, obviously." He looks at me, serious. "But I want you to know I'll be waiting eagerly for an answer."

His declaration took me aback. For the past few months I have been distracting my feelings for Greyson, truthfully, sometimes I don't fight it. Dorian is a great guy and somewhere inside me I knew this would happen but to actually hear it changes everything.

If I'd date Dorian I'd only be hurting him in the end because eventually I'd have to marry Greyson. To string a guy as great as Dorian along for the remaining months of being seventeen isn't such a nice thing to do. As soon as I turn eighteen my whole life will change and despite me having to suffer, Dorian will be crushed.

Though, to be honest I didn't want to say no.

Call me crazy but I've never had a boyfriend and I've never experienced dating. The fact that I'll never have to chance scares me more than anything. To be in a one-sided love marriage for my entire life sounded awful. Especially when I could be with someone like Dorian who would reciprocate my feelings.

"Well, lets drop this topic, there's no need to dwell on it." Dorian speaks through the silence. "We've got to go see Coldplay."

"Yeah." I smile lightly.

→←

All I could see were red and white lights, flashing before my eyes.

My stomach dropped.