The Girl Who Graduated and The Family Dinner

Greyson

GRADUATION CEREMONIES ARE LOUDER THAN THEY USED TO BE

Last time I was in a room with high school graduates was almost a decade ago, for my own graduation. As Sage's fiance I took the day off from work and decided to celebrate her final day as a high school student.

My girls finally becoming a woman.

Unfortunately, I'm not the only one who see's her that way. I've seen a few glances from horny teenage boys towards her and although it ticks me off, I know who she's going home to at the end of the day.

Despite everything that happened a month ago the students show nothing but happiness. Some were not as happy as others, of course, but as a unit they were enjoying their freedom from the confines of high school.

"Her mother would be so proud." Mr. Slade says, smiling, taking thousands of pictures of her on the stage. "Graduating as the Valor Victorian, even with all the mess in her life."

Yes, it's nice that she's graduated with such an honorable title. Though she's going to have no issues getting into the school of her choice to study Astrophysics, especially when it comes to finances. I'll assure that.

"She is proud." Gideon comments.

Even though I risked my life to save his sister I'm still getting the cold-shoulder from this asshole. He better get over it soon because our marriage is coming very soon. I managed to plan the entire thing all by myself, an outdoors wedding, with a space themed ceremony after. Having all the time in the world being bed-ridden gives you that advantage.

Sage knows we are to get married after her graduation but doesn't know when because we never discussed it. No one has, she deserves to relax, and planning a wedding can be a tad stressful for a woman.

Soon the students throw their caps in the air.

And the ceremony has ended.

→←

"Greyson this is to much!" Sage gasps.

Our server for the night escorts us all to the roof, a large dining table surrounded by bright lights and flowers. A feast is ready for us, all of the most exquisite choices I could make with the exception of a few finger foods and burgers for those who don't have the taste for anything fancy tonight.

"Girl!" Sage's friend, Eve says. "This is amazing!"

"I'm very jealous." Her other friend, Nora adds.

Yes, I invited her two best friends to join us, they've apparently been stressing her out about me. I'm just showing them that I'm the perfect gentleman to their beloved friend. That my thoughts are pure—to an extent—about her.

"Greyson you didn't have to do this." Sage crosses her arms. "You're making me feel bad."

"And why's that?" I ask.

"Your birthday was last week and all I did for you was make you a homemade dinner and a stupid card." She pouts as we walk to the table where everyone is already seated.

"If I remember correctly that card was filled with coupons?" I grin. "I think I'd like to cash one in and ask for the one written for P.D.A. initiated by you."

"Here!?" She blushes.

I arch my brows. "Yes, would you like to walk in the bloody restaurant and do it in front of strangers?"