The Handsome Stranger and The Fancy Party

Sage

SO APPARENTLY THERE'S A CHRISTMAS PARTY AT THE BLACKSTONE TOWERS

And I wasn't invited.

Correction, I wasn't invited  by any Blackstone family members, and by Blackstone family members I mean Greyson Blackstone. The man who is not only inheriting these very important towers but who is my stupid manwhore fiance.

Another thing that bugs me is that when my Grandfather called to inform me of this (since I didn't know), I had to play dumb so he wouldn't be suspicious. That is because Greyson and I haven't spoken since the dinosaurs walked Earth.

Unfortunately for him, if Greyson didn't invite me because he didn't want me there, surprise for him—I'm going to be there. Of course, not because I want to, but because my Grandfather needs to "expose" me to these rich snobs. However, that doesn't mean I'll give Greyson the satisfaction of my fake kindness, instead I plan to have fun tonight and get some payback for not only myself...

But for my dignity.

I am the the last bloodline of Emerson and I've got to start acting like it.

This was clearly a sign from upstairs that I, Sage Slade, need to stop mopping in my room listening to Justin Bieber over my annoying feelings for Greyson (which I do unfortunately still have). And instead, enjoy the time I have no attachments to him. Just because he gets to play around doesn't mean I can't, right?

"I have to praise myself," Isabella says. "I've outdone myself yet again!"

Isabella is a professional makeup artist my Grandfather sent from England to do my hair and look for this party. Not only that but he sent a gorgeous rack of expensive gowns from of course, Paris. I guess if you're going to be exposing yourself as an Emerson you've got to go all out.

"Alright, darling," She says to me, her accent thick and might I add really cool. "you may look in the mirror."

Isabella removed herself from in front of the vanity mirror and I stared into familiar blue eyes, that belonged to a much less familiar girl. I asked Isabella for two things tonight, classy but dangerous. And I've got to agree with her she really did outdid herself.

She dyed my hair Bronde (Brown and Blonde), then with some sort of hair stylist magic she managed to give my hair this amazing bed head affect just much more provocative. As for my face, she definitely gave me a memorable look, with smokey eyes and thick eyelashes. My eyebrows were given the perfect arch and my cheekbones were more defined thanks to the contour. Lastly, I had deep and bold red vamp-like lipstick on.

I smiled.

I'm going to have a lot of fun tonight.

→←

"You look as enchanting as your mother!" Grandfather approves with a blissful smile.

I smile back at him. "Thank you."

"You're indeed the spitting image of Heather." He continues.

I smile and nod. "Again, thank you."

I've been told this from Dad ever since her passing, even she told me I looked like her a few times if memory serves right. It's the blue eyes, the ones I inherited from her, she used to always say there were as beautiful as Sapphires.

Grandfather escorted me around the ballroom, there were way more people here than the last event I attended and a lot of the people here were very important. From actors/actresses to models to musicians to politicians and other relevant business people.