The Girl Who Came Home Late and The Kiss

Greyson

I NEED A VACATION

Or so that's what everyone keeps telling me lately. They don't seem to realize that you have to make sacrifices in order to achieve greatness, and that's exactly my only priority when it comes to these towers.

"Working hard I see." A familiar and unwelcome voice came to my attention.

I look up. "Good afternoon, Father."

"I had some free time so I've come to check up on the towers and see how're you're doing with them." He wanders around my office looking around. "I've taken notice that Brooke is no longer working here, care to explain why?"

Placing my glasses onto the desk, I answer. "She was a distraction."

"Hm." He gave me an approving look. "You're taking things seriously."

I stare him in the eyes and confirm. "Yes, deeply."

"That's what I like to hear." He clears his throat. "Greyson, I've been watching the numbers, and hearing from business colleagues about how you're doing. Everything points that you are doing much better than anticipated even better than Hamilton could possibly have. And for that I'm proud of you, son."

There's many things my Father has said to me.

From ignorant to ungrateful, but never has he said he was proud of me. If you asked me how I felt ten years ago if my Father told me he was proud of me, I would probably throw a parade. But now, all I could think of is how overdue this was and how much it lost it's meaning to me.

I nodded. "Appreciate it."

"Well, I've wasted enough time, though I do have one thing to say." He stops before leaving. "Take a bloody break, will you?" He turns his head to look at me. "You look terrible, take a day off and do something. Perhaps spend time with your soon to be fiance? I can only imagine the negligence you have on her, lately. I expect to hear you taking a day off this weekend, son. Or I will place you back on probation to make sure you being overworked won't affect my towers.""

My eyebrows rose. "Wait...I'm off probation?"

"Son, you've been off probation since you boosted our income by another hundred million." Father informs me. "Anyways, I must be going. Enjoy your weekend."

"You as well." I tell him.

When the doors closed behind him, for some reason there was a sense of relief. I couldn't help but fall back and sigh.

I really do need a break

Father was right though, before these towers I used to take Sage out to restaurants frequently, to get her used to the lifestyle of the wealth. Although it's been somewhat shaky between us I think the distance we've kept has simmered down our problems. At least I hope.

Maybe I'll take a day off after all.

→←

~*SATURDAY AFTERNOON*~

"We've arrived, Sir." Walter informs me.

I look out the window at Sage's house and sigh. "Thank you, Walter. I'll be back shortly with Miss Slade."

"I will wait here, Sir." Walter nods.

When I got out of the car and began walking towards the door to her house, I took notice of how much more unfamiliar the place was since I haven't seen it in months.

I knocked on the door then waited until someone opened it, when it did open, it was Sage's father behind the door with a surprised look. "Mr-Mr. Blackstone, do you need something sir?"