The Girl Who Babysits and The Suspect Reveals Himself

Greyson

~*One Month Later*~

AT THE AGE OF TWENTY-SEVEN YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE BABYSAT

"Greyson!" Sage scolds. "What are you doing?"

I sigh. "Sage—"

"Don't Sage me." She crosses her arms. "The Doctor said you were supposed to take it easy."

I scoff. "Asking me to 'take it easy' is like asking Leonardo DiCaprio to return his Oscar. It's just not happening."

Ever since the incident where I was stabbed repeatedly by some brute I've been placed on strict home security. The Doctor says I should heal in no time but in order for that to be accomplished I can't work the hours I'm accustomed to.

As for Sage, there was no way in hell I was allowing her to live at her home anymore. Her father then me, both getting stabbed in the same house is enough to put her on lock down. Which means she'll have guards on her twenty-four seven, I've given Todd the convenient time slots to watch her because she likes him best.

Not to mention he feels bad for taking the break when he should have been with her and offered to give her the best security possible. I believe him. So he'll be on her watch when she's outside going to school or whatever. At night I'll have a guard at the front door watching for suspicious activity and/or if she wants to go out for any needed items.

And luckily for me, Sage's birthday is next week. That means next weekend we will be announcing our engagement. Emerson and my Father have been preparing the event since I have been placed in house arrest by my entire family and the medical professionals.

"You know—" Sage begins but is immediately cut off by a loud ringing sound. "I've got to get this." She blushes at the screen, then looks at me and frowns. "Don't do any work, lay down!" Then she walks away.

The most unfortunate part about this all is that Sage has some kind of puppy dog crush on Dorian still. She doesn't hesitate taking his calls and they text endlessly through the day—and yes I watch them. What else am I supposed to do? Being bored makes you horribly observant.

Hudson couldn't split him, because of my incident with the stabber, that wasted precious time he needed. And his family had him flown back to England within seconds for some important issue, he said he'd come back and finish what he stared, but by the time he's back Dorian and Sage will probably be having kids.

"I'm not exactly busy." I hear her say behind the door. "Weeeeell..." She stretches the word. "I mean I could go, I'm sure I can get someone to fill for me."

Anger boils inside me but I can't say anything.

This is simply karma returning the favor, I've earned this.

There was silence and the door suddenly opens. "Greyson I'm going—"

"Go ahead." I gesture her away, not even looking at her.

"But I didn't—"

I clench my fist on top of my keyboard, preventing myself from snapping. "Just go."

"Alright." She says. "But...do we need anything?"

I sigh. "I don't bloody know."

"What the heck? What's got your panties twisted in a bunch?" She hisses.

I close my eyes and exhale. "I'm fine."

Truth be told I've got a lot of pent up tension inside of me. Having these injuries means I can't go out and find some random woman to sleep with. Not to mention, I've unexpectedly grown bored of the game and the thought doesn't appeal to me.