The Flustered Girl and Hudson

Greyson

THE DOOR SWINGS OPEN

"A hickey!?" Sage hisses. "You gave me a freaking hickey!?"

I casually leaned backwards, not removing my eyes from her.

"How old are you? Seventeen?"

I chuckled, dryly. "No, but you are."

"You know what? If you thought this was going to stop me from seeing Dorian—"

"—That was the least of my motives. If I wanted you to stop seeing him I'd simply make him disappear from our lives."

"What'd you plan to do, kill him!?" Her eyes went wide.

I scoff. "Honestly, there are less messier ways of getting rid of someone Sage. I'd simply offer him a scholarship to travel abroad to any country of his choosing so he can study architect at it's finest. I'm not a barbarian, Sage, and sadly I'm hurt you would think that."

"Then why would you give me these stupid hickeys?"

I grinned. "Simple. I'm not stupid enough to think you'd stop seeing him because I asked. And this way when you're out it'll be known that you're mine."

"But I can cover this up, so the purpose of doing this was irrelevant if he won't see that I'm supposedly 'yours'. So in the end, that was just a waste."

My eyebrow arched, but my grin remained. "Who said I wanted just him to know you're mine? You can cover it but do you think you'll be able to remove it from you mind? You'll self-consciously look down to see if it's there or hidden, graze your fingers across it, maybe even remember how you got it." I lick my lips.

Sage immediately flushed, a mixture of rage and embarrassment. "You're...you're evil."

"And you like it." I inform her. "Otherwise, you would have complained. Which I remind you, you have not."

Her eyes widened. Check mate.

"Fuck you!" She yells.

"As bad you want me to, I cannot do such inappropriate things to a minor." My grin widened.

Sage stuttered around with her words, when finally it became coherent. "Y-You...I hate you...ugh!"

I'd be lying if I didn't admit the affect I had on her was pure entertainment for me. I'm amused that she'd fight such lengths to ignore the facts. In fact I think the only reason why she's even seeing Dorian to rile me up, truthfully, she had been successful. I, unfortunately, don't know why it bothers me so much and I would rather not find out.

I shrugged. "Not what you said as I pinned you down onto the couch, in fact if I remember correctly you did let a whimper of protest when I stopped."

"Go to hell!" She begins to storm away.

"You'd miss me if I did." I tell her.

Before leaving the room Sage turned to me and huffed. "And as for Dorian, I'm seeing him again, real soon. So don't pop at my house and expect me to be there because I'll most likely be with him."

Then she slammed the door behind her and left me alone in my office.

If she wants to play this game then I'll happily comply, Sage Slade must not know who I am if she thinks that a bloody hickey was my only plan of defense. Please. 

I didn't think a stupid hickey would tame her, I actually anticipated for her reaction to be exactly the same. If it wasn't it would be rather disappointing.