Epilogue

Scarlett

Being in this family there's one thing you can count on and that's how fast time passes when we're with each other. Every holiday and leisure day we use goes towards family adventures, filled with memories that are made up entirely of laughter and heated arguments.

"We're running behind everyone!" Uncle Hudson shouts at everyone. "Hamilton, so help me if I see you eating another one of those cupcakes I'll slice your dick off."

My eyebrows flew up.

Aunt Dawn slapped his chest subtly. "Relax, honey, any louder and you'll wake Mason up."

"Sorry, baby." Hudson chuckles awkwardly.

Outside were people gathered up, from family I've never met or heard of to complete strangers that I was informed were friends of everyone else. Because my family might be too much for the average person who hasn't already met them, I chose to save my own friends the trouble of meeting them on such a stressful day for most.

Clearly Uncle Hudson was frantic and he has no issue yelling at someone he doesn't know. In fact I'm sure deep down he enjoys it, especially since one of his favorite celebrity friends is Gordon Ramsay, he probably learned a thing or two from him.

Grandfather Richard walks through the door, opening it dramatically so everyone in the world would know he's here. "I've arrived."

"You're a useless old man, I asked you to help and you just show up thinking that's all you need to do?" Uncle Hudson crosses his arms shaking his head. "I'm disappointed."

The dynamic of their relationship always amazes me, ever since I was little they've always been either going back and forth, or favoriting each other. You would think Uncle Hudson was his long lost son the way they speak to one another.

Grandfather rolls his eyes. "Please, all that matters is that I am here, they won't remember any of this. So relax a little, son."

"Tell that to Sage when she walks in the door and this place is MEDIOCRE!" Uncle Hudson slams his clipboard down.

Aunt Dawn shook her head, embarrassed. "I'm sorry father, Hudson can be a little too passionate."

"I wonder what the first clue was, when he called me a useless old man or when he threw that piece of junk onto the ground like a drama queen?" Grandfather continues his way towards the bathroom. "I'm going to fix myself up for a moment."

Uncle Hudson took a deep breath, then grabbed his clipboard and went back outside to finish up with the rest. Aunt Dawn and I set up the buffet table, making everything look appetizing and pretty.

When we were done, she stayed inside to fix up the flowers and I went outside to help out everyone else. Quickly I glanced at the clock and noticed we barely had time left, but everything did look put together enough where I'm sure it wouldn't be noticeable that anything was missing.

But that didn't matter to Uncle Hudson who was yelling at Uncle Hamilton to clean up the scraps that were on the floor next to him. While Aunt Heather ignored and did what she was told to do, hoping to not be bothered.

I took my phone out and slid my screen to my camera, taking a few shots of the marvelous creation that was put together by a crazy man. One who clearly was suited for the job despite his shortcomings.