Sorry

Sage

For over a week I've worked hard on tending the wounds to a man who deserved to not be part of this Blackstone drama I tried so hard to escape from.

Travis hasn't broken up with me but he has asked for space so he could think which in this case cannot end well. Then there's Greyson who I haven't heard from either, I'm hoping maybe that he took the hint and will finally leave me alone.

That's a lie

Ever since I met him again it's like the world began to have color in it but I'm so comfortable in black and white to venture into a world that hasn't treated me completely well. I know what I'm doing is horrible, dragging two men along, but it's hard to make the right choice when they're both the right choice.

I feel like those girls in those soap operas who do the same, when everyone clearly knows the main man is the one she should end up with. But I always rooted for the second male lead, the one who fell for a girl who he had no chance with.

"Where are you taking me, anyways?" I ask Dad, who mysteriously decided to go out for a random outing.

I'm not sure what he could possibly have to do on a Sunday morning, usually he prepares himself for football. He'll cook up an assortment of finger foods and starts cracking the six-packs to enjoy himself through the night.

He glances to me. "We've got some business to take care of."

The car slows down as he makes a turn into the parking lot of a local garden here, it's pretty famous for couples and families to visit. It took up a few acres and was all planted and tended too by one man. Recently he passed away and his children have taken his legacy and made it flourish.

Once he parks he leaves the car and I am confused, but follow him.

"You know there's no TVs out here, and football starts in a few hours." I joke.

His expression was serious and he cleared his throat. "Come on."

I was uncomfortable whenever my Dad didn't laugh at my clearly terrible jokes. It only meant bad things in my experience.

So I followed him through the garden, enjoying what was left of it. We are way into fall and they're all colored red and orange, leaves slowly falling from the trees as the wind pushes against them.

Suddenly my Dad stops and I look ahead of him to see two familiar men, ones I've acquainted myself with in my past live.

My Dad continues his way to them and I follow along, curious why this meeting was set up and if it has anything to do with Greyson. I expected if I ever saw them again I'd be welcomed with large smiles and big hugs, instead they remained seated at their bench. Both rocking expensive sunglasses and detached expressions.

"I'll walk around while you all catch up." Dad says and nods his head at the two guys.

Before I could protest, Richard stands up. "My dear, we need to talk."

"Listen, if you're here about Greyson I already told him it's not going to happen." I explain to them, even though they didn't ask about it.

Hudson didn't move or speak.

Richard sighs. "I was hoping our next meeting wouldn't be so grim."

"What are you talking about?"

He turns his head away for a moment, then looks back at me. "Please sit, this won't be brief."

"I'm confused, whats going on?" I did as he suggested, and sat down.

Richard seats himself beside me, facing me while Hudson remained silent behind us. "I have rooted for you and my son since the moment I arranged you, to this day I have no regrets."