The Homesick Girl and The Blackstone Family Visit

OMG, I'm #369 in General Fiction, thanks so much!

Greyson Blackstone

SAGE SLADE IS BY FAR THE MOST CONFUSING WOMAN I'VE EVER MET

It's been two weeks since the photoshoot and she's made it her goal not to be near me. Not that it's unusual, she's been doing that from day one. What really bothers me about it is how obvious she makes it that she doesn't want to be around me. I'll walk into the living room and the moment I seat myself on the couch she gets up and walks away.

I'm convinced I did something wrong, yet, I do not have a clue what I did.

"Uh...Greyson..." I hear her say behind me. Those are the first words she's said to me in days and I can't lie, it left me a little on the edge. "My father has been out of the hospital for a few weeks and I was wondering if...I can go back home." This was true, her father was released not to long ago and I knew the day came when she'd ask this but I'm sad to say I am disappointed.

I've got one of the most high class, beautifully decorated condo's in NYC, it cost more than the houses she has lined up in one neighborhood. No normal girl would want to leave this unless they hate who they're living with. This seems to be the case with Sage, however, after that episode she had I won't allow her to leave my sight. "The first time you talk to me in days, you ask to leave?" I can't deny the anger I felt about this and I can tell from her wide eyes she knew I was cross with her about the request.

"Greyson..." Her eyes drop.

The fact that she doesn't even have the strength to protest against me like before boils me. If I got angry she'd get angry back, not drop her fucking eyes and get scared. "Remember you are the one who came to me and told me not your father that you could not stay alone. If you really wanted to leave you know more than anyone I cannot go against your Grandfather and that you could have left and been secure with him. So the day you told me your fear was the day I made a promise to make sure you'd be al-fucking-right."

"But—"

"No fucking buts!" I snap. "You're not leaving, your father may have been asked to leave the hospital but that does not mean you are safe in his hands. Now if you're worried about his safety just know I arranged for security to watch over him. That does not mean you'll be any safer with him than you are with me, but just know Sage, this isn't the first time either of our families have been targeted by some asshole and it's best to be around someone who knows the protocol."

I know that more than anyone.

"Greyson...honey...it's going to be alright...mama's going to be alright...don't cry..."

I cringed at the memory.

Sage pursed her lips. "I just want to go home and be with my father."

"Well I'm going to be honest with you I don't trust your life in his hands. In anyone's hands at that." I look her in the eye, waiting for that fire to build up inside of her. Right now it's like having her putty in my hands and this was not an enjoyable feeling.

She looked up at me. "He's my father."

"And I'm your fiance, the man you're going to have to get used to living with regardless."

Her brows furrowed. "Which means you should enjoy not having me around because you clearly haven't had any down time for yourself."

Before I could argue that point, my phone started ringing, breaking the deadly air surrounding us. I gave Sage one more look, telling her this isn't over and picked up my phone then walked away. "Hello?" I answer bitterly.