The Impatient Girl and The Return

Greyson Blackstone

I DIDN'T GO HOME LAST NIGHT

Call it running away or being weak, I just didn't want to see her. The dynamics of our relationship don't include intense encounters like the one we had yesterday. I shouldn't get this riled up about her and she shouldn't have such a painful reaction directed at me. Sage looked at me like I literally ripped her heart out of her chest, like I offended her deeply in some type of way.

"Leaving?" Brynn scoffs. "I'm surprised you stayed this long, it's been an entire night, usually you leave right after sex."

Brynn Grant is the only sex partner I've ever had a long lasting friendship with, almost five years. We both understand each other's needs and there are no feelings involved between us. Both her and I are busy people, she's a professional model and travels overseas most of the time. The only time she ever comes back to New York is either when she's on a vacation to visit her family or for New York Fashion Week.

I shrug into my coat. "Didn't feel like going home for the night, I have someone staying there who doesn't want to see me." I'm sure Sage enjoyed the day without me since I of course am only believable when I'm mean to her, which I do not feel like being at the moment. All I can do is worry about her, even now I'm getting hourly updates from the security in my building on behavior in the room.

"Sounds like a wife but we both know that's impossible." Brynn laughs, then lights a cigarette. "Who is it? Dawn? She can be a tad chit chatty sometimes but I wouldn't think you two ever had a falling out where you stayed the night at a sex friends hotel room."

I shoved my shoes on then said. "How long are you staying?"

"Ignoring the subject, sketchy, but whatever." One of the reasons I enjoy Brynn is also for her lack of prying and caring. "The agency gave me two weeks to do whatever because they have a shit load lined up for me. Aren't you doing GQ in a few days? I think they asked me to be the female for the shoot but I denied. Didn't think you wanted me to."

"I don't care." I inform her. "Money does not affect sex, I'm only doing the bloody shoot because my Father wants me to." It's true, before opening the next few hotels my Father wants to add as much publicity to it by using me. In the Blackstone family I'm considered to be the favorite look wise and charm wise. Other than that they don't anything to do with me unless it gets them money.

"Richard Blackstone is quite the scrooge." Brynn blows smoke out of her mouth. "Well you know how to reach me if you want to hide away from your problems."

"Yes, I do." Then I walked out of the room.

→←

I decided not to go to the condo and instead went to my loft uptown. The only place I have solitude in really. A small chunk of people know I even own this place and that doesn't include my family.

It's ridiculous that I have more than one place to sleep, I have the condo, this loft, a mansion upstate that is currently being built from the ground that I bought for when Sage and I are settled because we'll both need somewhere to live, and an apartment in Los Angeles for when I need to stay for a while to check on one of the Blackstone hotels for a while.

The loft is my favorite out of all and that's because of the secludedness of it. No one expects the son of the Richard Blackstone to be staying at such a place, the entire family is known for being extravagant people. I, however, am a bachelor and have no need to be such a way anytime soon. Most people would refer to a space like this as a man cave of sorts.