The Extravagant Girl and The Incomparable Beauty

Greyson

FIGURES MY FATHER DID NOT SHOW UP

He's the one who hosts these ridiculous Christmas parties. I guess after he gave me the rights to take over these Towers I somehow have been forced to keep certain traditions within it.

"I've got to say, you Blackstone's know how to throw a party." Brynn admired around us. It's not shocking that anyone would appreciate what's going on here since there's enough alcoholic beverages to make even the snobbiest people happy.

During the entire night I had to talk to many people I didn't want to speak with. Keeping up with the stupid appearances of caring for them annoys me but it is a job I must upkeep. It is also a job I've been cursed to be good at thanks to my Father.

After imbibing two glasses of wine and trying to show genuine interest in the guests lives and affairs, I've become quickly exhausted. I'd love to just go home since I have an early morning tomorrow because I told all my staff to take the day off for their families, I'm left to finish their jobs since I can't stand my own.

"Ah! Greyson, finally I've found you." A hand slaps my back and I turn to look at Mr. Emerson himself. "You've been missing for the entire night."

Guess my plan worked, no sign of Sage with him and if she was here she'd most certainly be with him. A girl like her needs to be accompanied around in places like this by her grandfather if she is to get the right exposure.

I smile. "Hello, Mr. Emerson."

"Oh, this is the Andrew Emerson?" Brynn gasps.

Mr. Emerson looks at her, perplexed. "Yes, madam, and you are?"

"Brynn-Brynn Collins." She introduces herself.

Mr. Emerson nods his head, looking at us both. "And your relation?"

"I'm his date-" Brynn starts.

I immediately cut her off. "She is a friend of mine."

"Ah, I see." Mr. Emerson nods more, suspiciously. "Well I shall be going then, I've got others to speak to, do tell your father if you see him that I am here will you?"

"Of course." I answer him.

Mr. Emerson walks away and I sigh.

I'm not going to hear the end of this with my Father, Mr. Emerson and him are best friends. Surely he'll inform my Father of Brynn. Whatever, it's just another thing he'll get mad at me for, at this point I do not care just so long as Sage—

My eyes widen.

Through the entangled crowds of mindless wealth, was a beautiful girl dressed in a low cut red dress. Her hair was a blondish brown color and was tousled in the most perfect and seductive look possible. The make up she had on was dark and enticing on her already flawless skin. She had a smile that irrevocably lit up up the room without even trying.

Needless to say, she looked absolutely breathtaking.

Next to her was a man, a familiar one, one that I actually know all to well. The son of the man who is behind the Blackstone Towers, the architect himself, Louis Daray. That man Sage was speaking to was Dorian Daray. I can't say that I've actually ever had a conversation with him but I already dislike him.

What are you doing?

What am I doing? Getting irritated by some college student for no bloody reason.

"Wow she's like, super pretty." Brynn blurts out.

When I look to my right I see that she was staring in my direction, shit. "Who?"