Meeting

Greyson

LIFE IS REWARDING

I don't deserve the good luck that has been overflowing towards my direction. From Sage to finding out the daughter I thought not longer existed is alive and well, I've been more than grateful.

People used to say it took mountains being moved to please me. To sate my constant desire for a semblance of happiness. When in actuality it took the one thing I ran away from.

A family

My grin could not be hidden as I watch my two girls walk out of the bedroom, their hair a mess and wearing their own sleepwear. Scarlett wore a navy-blue gown and Sage a tank top and shorts, which admittedly I wish she hadn't worn. These past few days Scarlett has been sleeping in our bed until I figure out some arrangements towards our living situation. I've been sleeping on the couch because I'm sure three people is a little too much.

That and because I'm not comfortable with wanting to attack Sage, while my daughter is right next to her sound asleep.

"Grey," Sage rubs her eyes, she was up all night telling scary stories to Scarlett. It was enjoyable to hear them stay up until the late hours and get along so well. "do I smell french toast?"

My brows rise. "No, sadly I haven't had the time to make some food. I'll call one of my families chefs here to come over."

Scarlett sleepily slumps onto the couch and starts the TV on. Every morning she's uncomfortably quiet and we try to get her a little more lively but it doesn't work. Sage advises that we let her watch cartoons in the morning and she'll wake up on her own tune. Which made sense given that she's used to being alone in the morning since her bloody mother paid no attention to her and all.

"No need, I'll just take Scarlett out to a diner." Sage walks into the kitchen and grabs the coffee pot.

"I'd prefer if you didn't go out with her by yourself." I fix my tie.

Sage places the pot onto the counter and turns to look at me. "What?"

"There would be too much media nonsense for this family if you publically showcased her." I explain. "I need to handle this in a way where the tabloids won't bother us."

She frowns. "Who cares what they think?"

"Sage, no one does." I sigh. "Yet everyone does."

"That makes no sense."

I look at Scarlett, she's fixated on the morning cartoons. "No one really cares about the wealthy, yet somehow we're their best source of entertainment. Especially when you can take a picture and title the worst assumption you can make. I can't have Scarlett be discovered in any bad light, especially since she's been hidden from the world. Something her mother fortunately did right."

"Greyson."

"No, I can't put us through anymore conflict." I breathe.

Sage walks over to me and wraps her arms around my torso, tightly squeezing me. "We'll be fine, we can get through anything."

"It's not...It's not a matter of getting through anything." I wrap my arms around her. "I just want to enjoy this peace."

She looks up at me and smiles. "Not sure a world where Greyson Blackstone exists is one that can have 'peace'."

Her expression eases my tension.

This past year I've gone through more than my deserved amount of stepping stones. At first I didn't fight it because I believed that this was karmas bidding. Yet as time continues off and after so much pain, I feel I've paid my dues. Not to mention Sage and Scarlett are innocent, they most assuredly don't need to be involved with the Blackstone bullshit.