The Girl Who Was Drugged and The Twin

Sage

WHY DO I FEEL SO SLUGGISH?

Slowly I begin to open my eyes, it took a second to adjust my vision. There were bright lights passing me and it didn't take long before I figured out that they were street lights. I lift my head to look around and see that I am laying down in what appears to be the backseat of a car. My attention goes to the driver, a dark figure wearing a black sweater and matching black hat.

"Where...am I?" I say, sitting up.

When did I get into a car? Last thing I remember was sitting at home on the couch, catching up to some shows on Hulu and eating these delicious cookies Greyson had sent to our home.

The figure turns his head slightly to the right. "Took you a while to wake up, I was worried I over-drugged you."

My eyes widened quickly, and confusion took over. "Gideon?"

"Sage." He responds back, keeping his eyes on the road.

I lean towards him, peaking out the window too see and endless road. "What's going on? Where are we going and why did you take me?"

"It's time you saw the truth." His gaze slid to mine for a brief second.

"Truth? What are you talking about?"

He began to tense up. "What they refused to tell us, what they hate I found out."

"You're not making any sense, refused too tell us what? What did you find out?"

Gideon sighed. "Unfortunately words won't be able to do you justice, what you're going to see when you wake up will change your life."

"When I wake up—?"

Suddenly he stabs my neck with a needle and before shock could hit me, my eyes wouldn't stay open and all I saw was darkness. The alarms that blared in my head were loud but started to become quiet.

And as just as he wanted, I fell asleep.

****

"Gideon!" I shout, sitting up so quick that I see stars.

My blood turned to ice when I saw that I was on a bed, one that I know never belonged too me. The room was very warm and welcoming, as if it were a guest room. No pictures or posters on the wall, but it was beautifully decorated with pieces of furniture that reminded me of home for some reason.

The wallpaper was a light brown, almost cream colored.

Gideon did vanish for years without word, could this be his home? Where he's been all this time? If so, why did he take me here now? Why'd he kidnap me and take me here? The fact that my own brother drugged me up and injected me with whatever that was disturbs me. All he had to do was ask me to go with him to his home, I wouldn't have objected at seeing where he was staying this entire time.

Yet, something about that doesn't sit well with me. Clearly he didn't think I'd want to go here and that's why he forced me here. Took me away, somehow, and threw me in his car to drive away. All for what? The truth?

What truth, Gideon?

I get up and begin to walk, I've been through enough problems to know how to remain calm. With the things that's happened within the year, my nerves are made of steel at this point and it's going to take a lot to change that at this point.

Yes, my own brother kidnapping me in unpleasant but he's still my brother. At least he's not some sicko that...did horrible things to me at my prom.

Opening the door, I leave the room and see that wherever I am, I'm in a regular home so far. Voices from downstairs prompts me to freeze, there were two of them and I know for sure one belonged to Gideon. The other, I could not make out that females voice, yet it was oddly comforting and familiar.