Chapter 14

[Allie Brooks' POV]

I got up early and packed my bag with what I needed. I put back on my camp Amoren shirt and denim shorts. I put my sword around my waist with my shirt untucked. I brushed my hair and put it in a high ponytail. I continued to freshen up when there was a soft knock on the door.

I walked over and opened it to see Eric and Cles standing outside. Eric had his bow on his right shoulder and his arrows on his left. His sword was around his waist. Cles had a spear on his back and sword around his waist. "Hey guys."

I said and walked out and gently closed the door. "Hey. We have to talk about the quest but inside." Eric said. I opened the door and let them in. Cassie and Dacara slept peacefully and barely moved. I sat on my bed,as did Eric and Cles. I still needed to put my shoes on, so as we talked I was putting my shoes on.

Just as I finished I looked up and saw Dacara staring at me and the guys. She laid back down just as the guys looked back. "Did Dacara just wake up?" Cles asked softly. I nodded. He smiled devilishly and walked over to her. Cles started to tickle her and Dacara bursted out in laughter.

Cles smiled and sat beside her and stopped tickling her. "Just kiss her already!" Eric said playfully. Cles blushed and got away and tackled Eric. Cassie was up now and asked,"What are they doing here?" "Well we were talking about the quest but we see how that turned out." I said and saw Cles with his arm around Eric's neck.

In a dragon language Cles said,"Don't tell me what to do! I'll do it later after I ask her out after this summer. Now say uncle!" Eric crocked,"Uncle!" "Hey Cles here's a little FYI I can speak every magical language and every mortal language. So I understood what you just said." I said.

Cles turned dark red and in the dragon language said,"Please don't tell Dacara." "I won't." I replied in the same language. Cassie and Dacara got dressed in the little dressing room we had and was talking in hushed voices. Cassie and Dacara both pulled out hair straighteners and started on their hair.

"I don't see why you need to straight your hair Cassie." I said. "My hair is naturally wavy so I straighten it." She said. Eric and Cles looked at me,"You'll have to get used to that every day." Eric said. "I don't mind. I'll straighten my hair later in the summer."

I said and walked to my night stand. Something fell of the dresser that I didn't notice till Cles said,"Wow that's really childish Allie. A teddy bear?" I froze. My teddy bear was a gift from my mother before she left me both times. Before I grabbed it Cles did and held it up to me. My bear had black buttons for eyes,brown fur,and a turquoise bow tie.

"Give it back." I said and reached for it. "Nope!" Cles said and jumped back away from me. "Hey Cles that's not funny give it back!" I yelled and tried to get my near back but Cles threw it to Eric who caught it. I walked toward him and he raised his arm. "Guys stop being jerks! Give him back!" Eric chuckled,"Okay here." Just as he lowered his arm it was thrown to Cles.

I managed to get my bear back my elbowing Cles in the gut and grabbing the bear off the floor. "Jerks." I muttered. "Hey we were just playing around. No harm was done to the little guy." Eric said while smiling. "It's not funny!"

I snapped and put the bear back on the nightstand. "Jeez you don't have to get all worked up about a bear Allie." Cles said getting up. I glared at him and put my bag on my bed. "Guys lay off her will ya?" Dacara said as she put away her straightener. Cassie sat on her bed with a book in hand. We had twenty minutes till breakfast so we just stayed in our cabin.

"Sorry about the whole bear thing." Cles said after it was completely silent. "It's okay,I guess." I said and played with my hair. "I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that that bear was a gift from your mom before she left you. Right?"

Eric said while he sat on Cassie's bed. I didn't look at anyone at that point. Eric couldn't possibly know that. How he knew that,I'll never know. I was a little angry now,"How do you that?" I asked in a cold voice. "I'm just guessing. Your very easy to guess about." "Dude no!" Cles said. Eric looked over to him,"Dude you NEVER and I mean NEVER tell a girl that! That's like she asking if she looks fat and you say yes!"

Cles said as he slapped Eric upside his head. "Ouch. Okay that was uncalled for. Anyways Allie,you kinda made it obvious that that was from your mom." I finally looked at Eric,"You make it sound like you have no problems with your family. Yes she gave me the bear and I'm sorry if it looks like a whole different side of me." I said and turned away. Everyone was silent.

"Allie can I talk to you for a minute?" Cassie asked. I followed her outside by our cabin. "Look Allie,don't talk to Eric that way about family." She said. "Why? He makes it seem like his family is just picture perfect." "Well it's not. It's the opposite. His mom is dead and both his dads don't have anytime for him. You know his lizard Bolt? Yeah that's basically his dad. So lay off about the whole family thing."

I nodded. I felt a little bad that I said what I said. But now,I don't know. Oh how I hate mixed emotions,"I guess I should apologize right?" I asked before we walked in. "Yes." Cassie said and we walked back in to see Eric sitting awkwardly while Dacara and Cles were kissing on her bed. Mine and Cassie's jaw dropped. "Now all we're missing is Alex. Right Cassie?" Eric said playfully. Cassie turned crimson red and punched Eric on the shoulder with the arrows.

He chuckled,"It's true." "Yeah and so is this,you and Allie." Cassie said and smiled smugly. Eric got quite and blushed a lot and looked at the ground. My jaw dropped once again. Cassie smiled,"Allie and Eric sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" "Shut up Cassie." Eric said sternly and softly. "Cassie we're just friends okay?" I asked and sat across from Eric.

"Whatever you want Allie." Cassie said and broke away Cles and Dacara. "Hey buzz kill!" Cles said with a huge grin on his face. Dacara was blushing a lot harder than I've ever seen her blush. "I think we have a romance here." I said and made a heart with my hand and put Dacara and Cles' head in the middle.

***********

Breakfast went rather fast for my liking. After breakfast we went to our cabins and grabbed our stuff. Eric had the map and handed it to me. "What? I don't..." I started to say but Eric cut my off,"Only you can read the map. So there for you are the leader of this quest." I just nodded. We headed to the gates and Maximus followed us,"Can I come to? Don't you guys need a transportation object?"

Max asked. Me and Cles looked at Eric. Eric nodded. Maximus lit up,"I will not let you three down!" And we were off to start our freak quest.