Chapter 44

[Allie Brooks' POV]

"Well mission officially done...almost." I said happily. "Yeah. To Brownsville!" Cles said happily as well. "It's summer in Texas. Lets get rid of the jackets." Eric said taking off his jacket. "Look you can. Since you can control fire you can do that. Ours are staying on till Maximus gets here." I said zipping up my jacket. Eric rolled his eyes and whistled for Maximus.

He came down,"It's colder than Gaea's heart here!" he said out loud. "Yeah we know. Okay so how is seating arrangements gonna go?" Cles asked. Three possibilities came to my mind. I could sit in front with Eric or Cles behind me. Vice versa and more vice versa. "Boy girl boy." Max said. "Can I ride in front?" Cles said. "Why? afraid I'll drop you?" Max said teasingly.

"Yes and no. Yes that thought and no just because I don't like riding in the back because of what happened a few years ago." Eric started laughing. "It's not funny!" Cles yelled climbing on to Maximus. Next I got on followed by Eric. "Alright where to?" "Brownsville,Texas." We said in union. Max groaned and took off jerking a little causing us to grab each other tightly.

I was blushing,maybe it was because Eric's hands were on my waist,or it was because I blew off my mom when I just now found her nearly 13 years later. I wanted to go talk to her,but she was down below back at home. I sighed,and without thinking,laid back on Eric's chest thinking about how I could make my situation less complicated.

"Hard thinker." Eric whispered in my ear. I tilled my head back a little,"And you aren't? I bet a million things go on in your mind." I whispered. Eric looked down at me with those gorgeous hazel-green eyes,"Yeah...and your point?" he asked cocking and eyebrow. I smiled,"Guess you're right." I said laying my head back feeling Eric's chest go up and down.

For some odd reason I felt like I've dated Eric before and...loved him before. I smiled at the idea. Completely obvious I had developed a crush on Eric and wouldn't change a thing. I liked him way before he told us he was the fire god,a prince,and that he had schizophrenia. I like him just the way he his. I realized I was smiling like an idiot and Eric was silently laughing along with my smiling.

I tilted my head back,"What are you laughing about?" I whispered. "You were smiling like a fool. A cute fool Brainy." "Will you two stop flirting?" Cles and Maximus said. "No I shan't! Now I will continue all I want!" Eric said proudly. Cles and Max chuckled.

*****************

We finally reached Texas after two days of flying. It was really hot and the majority of the people had their bathing suites on and walked around without a problem. "This outta be fun. How are we gonna find Veronica now?" Cles asked looking around.

We didn't have to look far,because Veronica came to us. "I've been waiting for you three for days! Come on!" Veronica was prettier in person. Her hair was longer and she had on a green strapless shirt with short denim shorts and sandals. Without hesitation we followed her while Max flew off.

We got in a cab and we drove off in an awkward silence.

**********************

"I am so glad you three are finally here!" Veronica said cheerfully. We now stood in her two bedroom apartment putting up our bags and finally getting a chance to relax. Her apartment was stylish and really comfortable.

All four of us sat on her couch and gave her each ring. "Ah yes. Zeus told me you three would do a good job. Now all I have to do I call him and then you guys can go home." Veronica said walking to a phone on the wall. I laid back and thought about the vision we were in back in Greenland.

What was odd was that Eric was freaking out without caring and before he wouldn't even tell us he had schizophrenia. "So where exactly is Camp Amoren located at?" Veronica asked with the phone on her ear. "It's hidden from mortal eyes. It's literally in the middle of the Amazon Rainforest." Eric said with a hit of judgment in his voice.

"Alright. How come its not visible to mortals?" "It's a camp for demigods and mythical creatures...need more of an explication?" Cles said sounding cocky. Veronica laughed,"Yeah I get it. I just need that so I could tell Zeus." "Are you a demigod or something?" Eric asked sounding like an agent from CSI.

"I'm what you guys call mortals. I can see through the mist." Veronica said holding the rings carefully. "Okay." we all said now turned around looking at Veronica. She smiled,"You guys hungry? I can take you guys somewhere if you want."

"No thanks we're good." We said in union and stood up. "Okay Zeus should be here anytime soon so just make yourselves at home and call for me if you need me." And she disappeared into another room.