Chapter 52

[Eric James' POV]

Just as we reached the door I became uneasy. For an odd reason I felt as though someone or something was watching the whole thing before me and Allie kissed.

"What's wrong?" she asked and let go of my hand.

"Get down!" I yelled just as two dozen arrows rained down just ten feet away from us.

"Get in here now!" my dad boomed with his loud voice. We took off sprinting but got cut off by those crazy chicken dudes.

"Not you again." I said and unsheathed my sword. Allie did the same.

"Please I don't need to be reminded of my snack that got away. This time I have more I my kind." the chicken dude brought out more chicken dudes.

And one female of them walked through. Her beak covered her face where her human mouth should be,he had the bottom of a chicken but the top of a mortal girl.

"Get in this castle now!" dad boomed again.

I knew that wasn't an option. They'd just follow us and cause more trouble in there than out here. The chicken lady looked at us in pleasure,"Now why pick on such dazzling creatures? They were just making their way. Right Gorbenie?" The chicken lady looked over to the first chicken guy.

He nodded,"But they and one other killed three of us. And that's against the trust we have between him and Orethon!"

"Was it in Orethon?"

"Well no it was in Texas-"

"Enough! Get those two!"

"Eric,Allie get in this castle this instant!" dad was done with this and guards came by.

They got attacked and force the door closed and blocking us from there. My dad was barking orders from behind the door.

"Follow me." I said and took off to the forbidden part of Orethon.

"Get them!" the chicken lady barked again.

"Your dad is so going to kill us when we get back." Allie said by my side.

"If they don't first."

"Get the one with blonde hair! I want the one with the black brace on his wrist." I totally forgot I had that stupid brace on.

And it still hurt from the plane crash in Africa.

"Split up!"

"What are you crazy! I don't know Orethon like you do!"

"Believe me it's not hard!" I said and took a left while Allie took a right.

The chicken people followed us as we split up. I ran to the driest part of Orethon. It wasn't the forbidden part. I was near the dead oak tree that was gnarled,that tripped anyone or anything that came across it. I jumped over it and caught a glimpse of devil chicken lady. She landed beak first and when she recovered from the fall she had all sorts of bugs in her beak.

She spit them out and glared at me,"You're gonna get it now!" She yelled while charging at me.

I sprinted off and came to a dead end. This was the end of my kingdom and the start of another. I couldn't go there and bring her with me that's homicide and suicide! I turned around just as the chicken lady slowly walked up to me,"Now everyone shall know that I, Kelsey Von jerwick, killed the famous Dragon Prince!"

"Not so fast!" I said and she pounced on me. SLASH! My sword went right through her bottom half. As that turned to dust her beak pecked my bad wrist and that green oozing stuff started to burn my brace.