Chapter 49

We got to the gates of Orethon before the actual kingdom. "Oh and dad remarried. His new wife is named Tiffany and she's really nice." Lonnie said. Eric had a low growl in his throat that I heard. Their castle was farther back and looked very 13th century. From what I could see it kinda looked like Hogwarts mixed with early Middle English castles.

"Well come on! We gotta see dad and introduce him and Tiffany to you Allie and Cles!" Mikayla said grabbing our hands. Eric took a deep breath,"Lets meet my sorry excuse of a dad." he muttered to us. The kingdom looked very modern,but it had the early English feel.

Merchants,markets,peasants. Okay there weren't really peasants but they gave off that impression. Eric explained that everyone out here had good paying jobs,paid little tax,and didn't have rules except to never go into the forbidden parts of the kingdom. There were laws, but they weren't ridiculous and shady as the mortals laws.

I doubted there were even any laws in Orethon.

"Wow. And this is under king and queen rule?" Allie asked looking around. All three James kids said yes. Allie nodded.

"I have a question,where are all the guards? Aren't they supposed to guard the front gates?" I asked looking for guards.

"They hang around the castle. Anyone that's not normally from Orethon stand out. People will stare and question. Once they get to the castle however,thats when they actually defend our dad and apparently new mom. Then the guards come and they're either brought to our dad to talk it out and if it turns violently then they're killed or thrown in the prison or dungeon whichever you want to call it." Eric said and slowed his steps.

In his face I could see he wasn't looking forward to meeting Tiffany or his dad.

"This kingdom sounds better than the mortals political system." Allie said and looked up at their castle.

We looked up and my opinion was right.

"Hault!" a voice said and two guards came by.

They had swords at the waist,spears in their hands,and crossbows on their backs. Yeah this was serious security. They wore normal clothes. Jeans or cargo shorts with a regular t-shirt. One said "Don't laugh. This is your girlfriends' shirt." and the other one said,"Aren't you just a freaking ray of sunshine!" they go close to us,"Oh our apologizes Princess Mikayla and Lonnie. Prince Eric. Are these guest of yours?"

"Yes."

Was all they said and the guards walked us closer to the doors. We walked in through heavy oak doors into an awesome looking foyer. An old family portrait was right in the middle of the wall.

King Bryan,Queen Janet,young Mikayla and Lonnie,and young Eric. Looking happy and carefree. I looked away and noticed plaques with achievements and swords on them. More pictures of the family. New and old. Tiffany has long red hair,blue eyes,tall and skinny,thin lips that looked great with her fair skin.

"Is that Tiffany?" Eric asked.

Mikayla nodded,"She's way more warmer than mom and she likes kids! She loves doing stuff with us and takes time out of their schedule everyday to play or do fun things with us! You will love her Eric!"

Eric nodded and we all could just see thoughts going through his mind. "What are you talking about? Eric is-" Bryan came walking in and stopped.

Bryan looked exactly what Eric described him as. Expect that he was in shape. Same green eyes,black beard,dark hair. Tiffany looked like the the picture. Bryan was taller than her but that didn't matter. Mikayla and Lonnie ran and hugged both of them. They hugged them back and looked at Eric.

Eric waved a little,"What's up dad. Tiffany I presume. Allie and Cles my father Bryan and his wife Tiffany." we smiled and said our hellos. Tiffany smiled and walked up to Eric and wrapped him in a hug.

Eric gasped and didn't hug her back. "I'm sorry. I should have warned you that I'm a hugger." Tiffany said and smiled.

Eric narrowed his eyes and just went along with it. Now Bryan came up and hugged him. Bryan kneeled and tried hard not to cry. "Stop embarrassing yourself old man." Eric joked like it was nothing.

Bryan chuckled,"My old nickname. I take it you don't hate me."

"I don't blame you for what you did. Just remember I'll kick you butt the next time old man."

"There's not going to be a next time." Bryan smiled and hugged Eric who hugged him back. Bryan stood,"Ah Eric can actually make friends that shocks me."

Eric punched his dad who laughed,"Im playing! Anyways nice to meet you Allie? and Cles?"

"Allie Brooks."

"Cles Mason."

"I will remember that. So welcome to Orethon! Come lets give you a tour. Eric you still remember the rules and where everything is don't you?"

"Questions is do you think I'd forget this place?" Eric said and took us around giving us the tour.

"I'm guessing you played hide and seek a lot as a kid and know all these places that your dad doesn't seem to recognize." I said as we passed two doors.

One said "Mikayla's room." the other,"Lonnie's room." Eric's room was down the hall and on the other side of the hallway. Eric stopped and opened the door.

"Gods kill me now." he said as we all walked in.

In the room were drawing,race cars,little kid stuff mostly. A big bear sat on Eric's bed with a note taped to it. Eric read it aloud,"If you are reading this,it means you've finally come back home. I'm so sorry that I blamed you for your mother death which I now realize was fake. I now know that she's living in the states. Hopefully she has watched you. Guess not since your reading this. Please take this bear and note as a form of apology and forgive me. You might be older than 8 when you read this so the bear might not work out. Look under the bed and come find me later. Love you always,"Old man.". Eric stared at the note and blinked,"Well dang dad know you made me feel bad." Eric chuckled

"Aw your dads really sweet. I guess you missed judged your dad." Allie said looking at a drawing Eric had done.

"Can't you draw stick figures like a normal kid?" I asked.

Eric rolled his eyes and looked under the bed. He pulled out a box with another note. He again read it aloud,"Okay I'm guessing that since I knew that whole thing with your mom why didn't I get you from Monica's. Well I did but she said you left with Bolt. At this time she said that you were 10. I waited two years because that's how long it took me to find out the truth. Take this gift and cherish it. I hope that you're 12? When you get this present. Use it wisely. I recommend it to be used at Camp Amoren. Anyways here you go,"Old man." Eric put the note down and opened the box.

In it was a brand new bow. Eric's old one was worn out from five years of use. It was a wooden short bow with carvings in it. This new one was metal and had a comfort grip. Eric had a rough left hand because of the wooden one.

"No freaking way." Eric said as if it was Christmas.

"Dude it's a bow. Chill out it's not like it's a car." I said sitting on the bed.

"Cles this is more than a bow! Since I'm the son of Apollo this is exciting! Anyways this bow came knock arrows at a longer distance and faster causing a better shot and more shock!" Eric stood up and took out the long bow.

"Whoa you aren't gonna shot that are you?" Both me and Allie asked.

"No why would I shot it in a bed room?" Eric asked admiring the bow.

"Since your the son of Apollo you'd do something like that." Allie said.

"I'll be back. Please don't rummage through stuff. Cles." Eric said.

"Whoa what! Why don't you say that to Allie!"

"Same to you Allie. Girls tend to do that stuff" Eric said and walked out while I laughed and received a punch from Allie.