Chapter 33

The doctor examined us and said he wanted to keep us for two weeks. When he left Eric let out his breath that he was holding for the longest of times. "Two weeks? That will mean we would have a week or two till we have to find the ring and Victoria." Cles said laying his head back on the wall. Eric let go of my hand and ran his fingers through his hair.

They didn't give him a cast. More like a brace that was black. I guess he healed his arm or something to just get the brace. "You alright?" I asked him. Eric laughed,"Yeah. I don't like this side of a hospital." He said while looking at his wrist brace. I leaned back in my chair and stared at the ceiling. "Okay follow me." The doctor said and lead us to a room that had padding everywhere even on the wall.

"Uh why are we in a crazy cell?" Cles asked. Eric grabbed my hand,shaking again. "We want to make sure you three haven't been traumatized,so for a week or two you'll be in here." He shoved us in the room,"If things get bad I'll be back you all are getting straight jackets." And he closed the door leaving us. Eric looked really scared. The one place he didn't want to be in.

"I will lose my mind in here for a week." Cles said and sat down. Eric's shaking hasn't stopped. It got worse. I wrapped my arms around him,"Calm down. You'll have a seizure if you don't stop." Eric gulped,"I can't. I'm scared and want out now." "No man. Don't show them that you belong here. If you play it cool you'll be fine." Cles said. Eric sighed and pushed me away from him.

I noticed a camera in the right hand corner that was on and recorded our entire conversation. I wanted to tell them that but I didn't want Eric freaking out anymore than what he already is.

A week went by and we were still in that same room. Eric was SO paranoid that he didn't even talk to us anymore. The door opened and we all stood up. "Good news! Two of you aren't traumatized! But you with the wrist brace,you may have to stay a little while longer." Eric went pale,"Why?" He asked while he was shaking a little. "The nurses think you're a schizo. So..." Eric coughed,"Um no I'm not. I can assure you in not." "Really? Is Obama after you?" "No." "Are these two even real! Can you see them!" "Everybody can." "Um...uh...oh fine! You are not a schizo."

I imaged in my mind Eric doing a little victory dance. We grabbed our stuff and walked away from the psych ward. When we got out of the hospital a woman was crying and a man was comforting her. I didn't know if them spoke English so I went with the native language,"Excuse miss." She looked at me,"What do you want?" She said in the same language with a bitter tone,"I wanted to know what country I'm in." "Kenya now bet it!" She snapped and went back to crying.

"Thank you?" I said it more like a question than an actually thank you. We got to walking,"So we're still in Kenya aren't we?" Eric asked. "Yep." "That lady thought that she was all that. How rude!" Cles said rubbing his burned arm. "We got to transport out of here. Flying might take longer and we only got two weeks." I said. They nodded. I started to rummaged through my bag when the same lady can up to me,"Excuse me. I want to apologize for snapping at you." She said in English.

Her long silky black hair stopped at her waist,her carmel skin glowed in the hot bright sunlight. Her once red crying eyes had stopped and now I could see that she had hazel eyes. "It's fine. Why were you crying? If you don't mind my asking." "A family member of mine passed away. I want to know what you three are doing in Kenya?" She asked looking at all of us. "We are on vacation." Cles said eyeing her suspiciously.

"Where are your parents?" "We are about to find them." Cles said again giving her the same look. "Oh you three are family?" "No I'm his brother and she's my girlfriend." Eric said. She looked confused,"Same dad different mom." They said in union. "Oh okay. So can I do something for you three? Carry your bags or weapons?" "You can see those?" We all said.

"Yeah. I'm daughter of Apollo." Eric swallowed,"I guess that makes us step siblings." She laughed,"I'm Penelope. And you three are?" "Eric James,Cles Mason,Allie Brooks." Eric said pointing to us. "Charmed. So...are your mothers or fathers here? Or were you lying?" We went silent.

I was now getting suspicious. She didn't look like a child of Apollo. And she wouldn't have approached us the way she had if she was telling the truth. "Uh...we got to now. It was nice meeting you Penelope." Eric said while he walked backwards. "Your not going anywhere freaks." Penelope said while snapping knocking us unconscious.