Chapter 34

[Eric James' POV]

I awoke in a all white room. Laying a top of me was a dead rat. I freaked out by bolting up and flung it off me. I looked at Cles and Allie and they also had rats on them. Allie had cuts and bruises on her face,arms,and legs. I took the rats off them and shook both of them.

Allie moaned and fluttered her eyes open,"Ouch." She said as she rolled on her back. "Hey Brainy. What happened too you?" Allie sat up,"Lets just say our stuff is safe and to never mess with a child of Ares." I looked at her in amazement,"You kept our stuff safe,and fought of Penelope by yourself? Allie Brooks you are freakishly awesome." I said.

Allie smiled,"Thanks Flames. So we're still in Kenya and we still have two weeks to get to Greenland and Brownsville,Texas." I sighed,I started to look around and saw bullet proof glass,a steel locked door,and a camera that was on. "Great. Now how are we going to get out?" Allie asked noticing the same things as me. "I can melt the glass." I whispered to her. Allie sighed,"Great. Hey Penelope! You suck for keeping us here!" "Don't make me Allie-kabob you!" A harsh,bitter voice came on the intercom that I really wanted to punch in the throat.

But I couldn't because it was a girl,and I don't hit girls,unless its training and I have to at camp. Allie rolled her eyes. "You and your boyfriend will become toast if you don't stop this smart mouth." Penelope said. Allie went red. I laughed,"Please I can make YOU toast. If you give me bread I will." Allie giggled. Cles chuckled as he sat up. A fire ball came out the ground and right at me. It hit my bad wrist and I controlled it making it turned into a fiery imaged of toast.

Cles and Allie bursted into laughter as I made the image disappear. "How'd you do that?" Penelope snapped. "I'll never tell. After all,I'm just a kabob remember." She threw another one at me and I made it into her doing the chicken dance. Allie and Cles were roaring with laughter now and Penelope was just done with me being awesome at what I'm doing. She came in just as I made the image disappear. "Show me how you did that or so help me." She grabbed my bad wrist and squeezed it. I feel to my knees in pain,"Stop! I can't tell you!" I said near tears.

"I believe you can Eric James. Son of Apollo,a dragon of the most handsome Bryan James. I'm surprised that's your daddy." She spat at me. She twisted my wrist as Allie and Cles came after her. A clear box surrounded me and Penelope leaving Allie and Cles banging on the glass. Even with all his strength,the glass was bullet proof so Cles couldn't break it. "Now I'm going to let you go. And when I do you'll tell me how you are doing that. Is that understood?"

I shook my head yes. She let go and I grabbed my throbbing wrist nearly crying. I stood up,now angry at her and myself for putting me in this predicament. "Do it!" She spat again and slapped me hard across the face. Her hand was cold,make it hurt more. She had a wedding ring that cut my skin.

Angered I bursted into flames. Penelope backed up,as did Cles and Allie even though they were safe behind the glass. I changed forms,"Happy now?" I growled. "No freaking way! You're the fire god! How'd I not know that?!" She said excited. "Because all you care about is yourself." I changed forms again and extinguished myself. My cut had healed when I did that,but my wrist wouldn't.

I guess because I can only heal small injuries,not major ones. "Very well. Why are you three trying to get out of Kenya?" Penelope asked. I narrowed my eyes,"Classified information." I said getting near the glass wall. "I'm part of this quest now. I want to know so Centurion can defeat you three." She glared and hissed. "Puh-lease,the only thing Centurion can defeat is gravity. He's not defeating us." I said as I put a hand to the glass.

It melted. I ran out,"Get your stuff! We are out of here!" "Oh no you don't!" Penelope screamed making the floor break putting us by our stuff and her away from us...and the door.