New At Westfield

Lylah's POV

January 4th 1994.

"Freak." The boy yelled as he smacked the books out of my hands.

"Dammit." I mumbled as I bent down to pick up my books. I'm Lylah, Lylah Grinski and this is the beginning of my new life, and also my Junior year of high school. Pretty pathetic right? Yep, I am a freak because I have a Ramones T-Shirt on, it was my dad's  so it's a little big. My long red hair tossed as I got up. I hit my head on my opened locker door on the way up. Some kids across the hall snickered. I put the books in and rubbed the back of my head. I took out my pack of smokes and rested one in between my lips.

"Hey there's no smoking here!" One girl yelled. She walked over to me and crossed her arms. "Put it away." She said.

"Bite me." I said as I lit it. She stood there with here mouth open in shock.

"You'll get flies." I said and I took a drag off the cigarette and blew the smoke in her face.

"Hey! Secondhand smoke kills!" She yelled.

"So do bears, but I don't see you trying to banish them." I said and rolled my eyes.

"Oh you are in so much trouble."  She said. She turned around and walked away with a disgusted look on her face.

"I'm so scared." I whispered to myself. I put my cigarette out and headed to class. I actually had English in first period which is my favorite subject. I smiled at the teacher as I walked in. He smiled back. I took a seat in the back row. I put my head down and waited for the bell to ring so we could get started.

"Excuse me?" I heard. I looked up to see a boy. He had blonde hair and brown eyes. He was really cute.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"You're in my seat, but it's ok, my names not on it, I'll just sit right here." He said, taking the seat next to me. He smiled, showing these deep, adorable dimples. I smiled back, showing my dimples. Not to toot my own horn, but my dimples were pretty cute too and two could play at this game, after all this boys did not a a monopoly over the dimple business. The bell rang and I fell out of my trance with him.

"Alright class, we have a new student. Lylah, would you please come up here." He said. Oh god. I walked up to the class and stood there, mortified as everyone looked at me. The only one that seemed to not be freaked out by my appearance was the boy who sat next to me. He looked me up and down, biting his lip. I guess he didn't know I saw him because when we met eyes, I was smirking. He turned red and looked away.

"Please do your best to make her feel welcome." The teacher said. "Anything you'd like us to know about you Lylah?" He asked. I shook my head and headed back to my seat. On the way there way a boy the stuck his foot out in front of mine and tripped me. Everyone giggled as I got up and continued my journey to the other end of the classroom. I looked at the boy that was seated next to me. He hand both his hands on the desk, crumpled up into fists. He looked straight ahead at the boy that tripped me and looked like his eyes wanted to burn a whole in the back of his head.