Savage

After splitting up with Tate I'm first period, I went to math. I hate math, not the actual process of math, but the girls in my class. After about 20 mins of having them whisper at each other and giggle while they were looking at me I asked Mrs. Haynes if I could go to the bathroom. She reluctantly said yes and I was off. After I finished I was walking down the hall, back to class.

"Hey freak." A girl called. It was one from math. Also the one that wanted me to stop smoking, which I was coincidently doing at the moment.

"Yeah what?" I said, rolling my eyes at her.

"What the hell did I say about smoking?" She said.

"I don't specifically remember you saying anything directly about smoking, but I do recall you telling me to stop." I said, sass was rolling off my tongue.

"Then why haven't you?" She asked in a harsh manner, it made me laugh a little.

"Well I don't really listen to hyenas." I said and her jaw dropped.

"You just made a huge mistake, my daddy is the principle and I am so reporting you." She said.

"Oh, while your in there sweetie, you might wanna ask about his big mistake too." I said, I pointed at her and she gasped.

"You are so dead." She said.

"Look if I needed a bitch in my life I would have bought a dog, so can you just leave me alone?" I asked and she turned around and stomped away. I smiled at my triumph. I walked back to class. After math, art and physics, it was finally lunch. Tate met me at my locker as I grabbed a banana out of it.

"Ah I see we've moved on to eating solid foods, not just oxygen." He said and I laughed.

"For your information, I eat quite a bit, can't you tell?" I asked, not really expecting an answer.

"No you look like you haven't eaten in a week." He said. We continued to the cafeteria and sat down at our table, no one else joined us, it was just us two, just the way I liked it. No one really bothered us. We just talked and laughed. And that's how it went for the next few weeks

***

February 14th 1994

I opened my locker to see a bouquet of roses, black roses?

"I painted them, I know you don't like normal things." Tate said from behind me I turned around and gave him a big hug. We weren't together, just best friends, we were practically inseparable.

"Why did you get these for me?" I asked softly.

"I didn't want you to feel left out." He said and flashed his dimples as he smiled. I smiled back.

"Thank you." I said.

"No problem." He said. We walked into English where every girl had red and pink flowers and chocolate and pink teddy bears, and here I am with black roses. I loved them. I sat down and the teacher walked in.

"Morning class and happy valentines day." Mr. Harmon said. He was so young, almost like he could be in school with us.

"Morning." The class said in monotone. And class started.