Prom Night Part 2

She had the world upon a string, but she didn't ever hold me. Spun the star on her fingernails, but it never made her happy, cuz she couldn't ever have me. She said she'd won the world at a carnival , but she could never win me cuz she couldn't even catch me. I- I know why. Because when I look in her eyes I just see the skies. When I look her eyes well I just see the skies.

I don't love you I'm just passing the time, you could love me if I knew how to lie, but who could love me I am out of my mind? Throwin' a line out to sea.

Lylah's POV

Tate had me in a soft embrace as I laid my head on his shoulder. We swayed back and forth, spinning slightly. I could've fallen asleep. That is until the song ended and the principle Sigmore walked out on to stage.

"Good evening everyone!" He said, smiling at the crowd. They cheered and he yelled over them to calm them down.

"Alright alright, the time has come to announce our Prom King and Queen." He said. They students cheered louder.

"We'll start with the King." He said. A student gave him the envelope and he opened it anxiously.

"Our Prom King is the one and only Jake Wittley!!" He yelled. Girls from different countries were screaming I'm sure. It was so loud. Jake didn't come to the stage.

"Jake? You out there?" The principle chuckled. No sign of him.

"Well we know how Jake is, let's move to the Prom Queen!" He yelled. More people cheered again. The student brought the envelope yet again. He opened it quickly and smiled. It was a close run, but our Prom Queen.. You know her... You love her.. My only daughter, Chelsea Sigmore!!! Come on up sweetheart!" He yelled. The students screamed in delight and joy, so much so that it was hard to pick up the scream of horror. The crowd fell silent as a girl ran into the room.

"They're dead!!! Oh my god!! They're dead!!" She screamed.

"What? Who who's dead!?" Mr. Sigmore yelled.

"Jake and Chelsea!!" The girl screamed. The principle leaped from the stage and ran into the hallway, as did the rest of the kids.

"Where!? Goddamnit where!?" He yelled. The girl was a crying mess.

"The janitors closet." She said pointing to the little puddle of blood emanating from under the door. He opened it and fell to his knees.

"No!" He screamed. He cried like a mad man. "No! No! No! No! No!" He banged his hands against the floor and took a sharp breath. "Not my baby!!!" He cried. "My baby, my baby!" He pulled her body that was flooded with stab wounds into his lap. Then he just screamed in agony. I couldn't watch. I turned around and Tate was behind me. I buried my head in his chest and sobbed quietly, the sounds of Principle Sigmore's screams in the background as Tate held me tight. He wasn't crying. He was staring. But not in shock. In interest.