Pebbles

Lylah POV

Bink

Bink

Bink

I woke up to the sound of pebbles hitting my window.

Tate.

I clicked my phone on there were no messages. Almost every time he does this, he leaves messages. I stepped out of bed and put on my little jacket. Even though it was almost summer, the nights in LA get pretty cold. I slipped on my flip flops and stepped onto my balcony. I rubbed my eyes.

"Tate, go home." I said, my raspy voice ringing lightly through the sounds of crickets.

"Again, it's not Tate." He said. I looked with squinted eyes through the darkness.

"Kace?" I asked.

"Hey you remembered." He said. I smiled a little, but then it faded.

"Kace, how did you know where I live?" I asked.

"I live right there." He said, pointing directly across the street.

"Oh, wait then how come I never see you." I asked.

"What can I say? I'm an inside person." He said. I looked at him suspiciously.

"Ok look, if you don't believe me, which you every right not to, you can come visit sometime." He said. I smiled a bit at his awkwardness.

"Alright, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"What do you mean? You asked me to be here." He said.

"What?" I said. "No I didn't."

"But you texted me... Here can I climb up?" He asked. I hesitated for a moment.

"Yeah." I said. He climbed up my patio cover like he was a pro at it. I got a little worried.

"How did you know how to do that?" I asked as he came in.

"Lylah, I've seen Tate do it about a million times." He said.

"Oh."

"Well like I said..." He pulled out his phone and showed a text.

Hey it's Lylah. Come across the street. I need to talk to you.

"You told me to come." I looked at the number on the top of the phone screen.

"Kace, that's not my phone number." I said. He looked at me like a was nuts.

"What the hell is going on?" He asked. I gave him the exact same look he gave me.

"Hell if I know." I said. My phone started ringing. It was Tate.

"Hello?" I asked picking up.

"What the hell is up with this? You just broke up with me! On myspace!? Come on I know you so much better than this." He said. His voice broke.

"Tate I don't even have a fucking MySpace! Someone is fucking with me!" I said.

"What? Who?" He asked.

"I don't even know." I said.

"I'm coming over." He said, and hung up the phone before I could even protest.

"Lylah?" Kace asked.

"Kace you need to leave, Tate is coming and if he sees that you've been in my house he's gonna think something's happening between us." I said. He grasped the back of his neck.

"See I would love to but..." He turned his phone to face me.

Don't you leave that god damn house.

"I can't."