Prom Night Part 1

Lylah's POV

Tate and I have been back on for a month now. Still haven't had sex... But we still love each other. He hasn't laid a hand on me.

But it seems like he's the only one who hasn't.

My Mom and Dad's Anniversary: (2 weeks ago)

"Lylah!" My mom called from downstairs. It was like one in the morning, but regardless I went down to her.

"Ma?" I questioned rubbing my eyes. She was a nervous wreck. She had tears erupting from her eyes and she clung to me. I smelt the stench of liquor on her breath.

"You look so much like him. Your eyes. It's your god damn eyes." She sniffled.

"Mom, it's ok. We'll me alright."I told her. She shook her head.

"I need a drink." She said and let go of me.

"Mom you don't-" she cut me off by turning around. Her look made me shiver.

"What?" She asked, harshly.

"I-I mean I'll get it for you." I stuttered. She nodded slowly and went to sit on the couch. I went into the kitchen and fixed her a nice glass of water. I brought it out gracefully and sat it on the couch-side table. She reached for it as soon as I put it down. It was in a plastic mug, with flowers painted on it, courtesy of 4th-grade-Lylah. She tasted it and send the water flinging as she bashed the mug on the top of my head. I was taken aback by the blow, but swiftly came to as she ran up the stairs, crying in agony. We haven't talked since then.

4 days ago:

Prom tickets had just went on sale, and yes. I knew I was going with Tate. I was standing in line with the soon-to-be Prom Queen, Chelsea Greene. She eyed me up and down and I rolled my eyes at her.

"Got a problem, Grinski?" She asked. I shook my head. I didn't feel like kicking ass today. She shoved me into a nearby pair of lockers and punched me. The locker was cracked and I grabbed her shirt and flipped us so she was against the wall of lockers. I repeatedly banged the opened locker door against her face. She screamed as the security guards grabbed me and dragged me to the principles office.

I was currently getting ready for prom. I had a tinted white dress on. It was a sort of blush color. I curled my strawberry blonde hair and put on pretty, but dramatic makeup.i finished curling my eyelashes as the doorbell rang.

"Beanie!"my mom yelled. I ran down the stairs, catching a glimpse of Tate's jaw nearly dislocated in awe. He wasn't to bad himself. I blushed and he took my hand. He looked so calm. So sweet.

Little did I know is that earlier that day, he'd done something.

Something that would ruin not just our love life, but our lives in general.