Please Stay

Tate's POV

"But I've hurt you..." I said, facing the floor.

"Tate that was-it was- you didn't-" she stuttered before exhaling loudly. "I don't know."

"You don't know?" I asked.

"I don't know what to say. Why?" She asked. I furrowed my eye brows.

"Why what?" I asked.

"Why do you have fantasies about killing people?" She asked. It seemed like and easy enough question. Yet I couldn't answer it.

"I-I don't know." I said.

"Who do you kill?" She asked. She had a look of fear and irritability in her eyes. I couldn't tell her that she was one of them. One of the main ones. I kill people I like. And I love her.

"Random people." I lied. She had this broken look on her face.

"Then why were you killing me in your dream?" She nearly whispered. I stood there with my mouth agape.

"I-I-" I stuttered but she cut me off.

"I have to go." She said.

"Ly... No." I said softly.

"I'm sorry, I forgot... I have this uh thing." She pointed to the door in nervousness.

"No you don't, don't lie." I said. She rolled her eyes.

"You lied. You said you killed random people, am I just a random person to you?" She asked.

"No Lylah, of course not." I said. She looked at the floor.

"Why me? Why would you want to kill me? I mean I know I'm a bit of trouble sometimes, but kill? Come on Tate..." She trailed.

"I don't though Lylah. It's my fucked up brain!" I yelled. She didn't understand. She doesn't understand how much I love her. She's the only light I've ever known.

"Don't yell at me! Your the one who has fantasies about ending my life!" She yelled.

"It's not just yours! And I can't stop them! The visions just show me killing people I like! They can't stop me. I can't even stop myself." I said.

"Why would you kill people you like, Tate? That doesn't even make any sense!" She spat.

"Because it's a filthy god damn world we live in! And I want to take you away from all the shit and the piss and the vomit that runs in the streets! I want to take you somewhere clean!" I yelled. I ran my hands through my hair harshly and she pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed.

"I'm leaving." She said.

"No Lylah please, it's just my brain this doesn't mean anything. I'd never hurt you." I said. She shook her head.

"Like you said Tate." She paused. "You already have." She turned to walk out the door but I grabbed her wrist lightly. My eyes began to water. I kissed her passionately. I wrapped one hand around her waist and cupped the back of her neck. She kissed back. The tear made it's way down my cheek as I pulled away slowly, looking deep into her eyes. Mine seemed to plead.

"Please stay." I said.