Tired

Lylah's POV

March 30th 1994

It's been a little over a week since Tate and I have been together. I mean it's not really official. He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend or anything yet, but we've have shared quite a bit of hugs, kisses, movie nights. I loved hanging out with him. He's perfect in almost every way. He is a gentleman when he talks but so I'm control and sexy when were you know... Making out. No we haven't had sex. Though he has felt me up. Oh jeez now I'm laughing just thinking about us. I hear the secret knock on my window. I smile brightly as I see Tate.

"Tate, what are you doing? It's 4:00 in the morning." I laughed, quietly so I wouldn't wake my mom.

"What can I say? I guess I can't stay away from you for longer than 3 hours." He smiled. He kissed me from out side the window. I pulled him in my room by his shirt. We never broke the kiss. He laid me down on the bed and I giggled playfully as he tickled my sides gently.

"Taaaaaate." I whined.

"What?" He said. Going back to kissing me.

"I'm tiiiiirrrreeeed." I said. Tate laughed.

"Well then let's sleep." He said. He got off me and laid by my side.

"Can we spoon?" I asked.

"But of course, on one condition." He smiled.

"And what would that be?" I asked.

"You're the big spoon." He grinned ear to ear. I nodded and smiled back. He turned around and I wrapped my arms around him. He held my hands. I closed my eyes and drifted off. His voice caught me off guard.

"Hey Ly?" He asked. I was still half asleep.

"Hm?" I simply hummed.

"Do you maybe want to be my girlfriend?" He asked. I smiled softly, my eyes still closed.

"Mm-hmm" I hummed. I could feel him lean into me. I could practically hear his smile.

"Cool." He said. And we fell asleep.

April 5th 1994

I opened my locker for the last time today. I put my books in, so excited that it was spring break.

"Hey beautiful." I heard from behind me. I grinned like a mad woman and turned around to kiss Tate.

"Hey handsome." I said, pulling away.

"Wanna go to the beach for a while?" He asked.

"Definitely." I said. He grabbed my hand and we walked out of school.

"Freaks." I hear someone snicker. We didn't care, as long as we were together, we could be anything and we'd be happy. We walked to the beach. When we got there Tate sat down and I sat down in between his legs, in front of him. I sat against him and put my head in the crook of his neck. He kissed my forehead. I smiled softly and closed my eyes as we listened to the waves.

"So what is the cuss word for my board this week?" I asked.

"I was thinking." He said.

"Yeah and?" I said.

"Love?" He asked. I opened my eyes in shock.

"What?" I asked.

"I love you Lylah." He said, looking me straight in the eyes. My eyes nearly popped out of my head. I whipped around to face him and pushed him on to the soft sand of the beach. I got on top of him and kissed him all over his face. I pulled away. My face was shielding his eyes from the sun.

"I love you too." I said. He smiled. I went back down to kiss him.

"Wait." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"Can you stay right there don't move. You look like an angel from this view." He said.

"You are so corny." I giggled.