It's All Going To Be Alright

Tate's POV

I held her close to my chest. Her breathing noises were that of a baby. Soft and quiet. She herself was soft. So soft. But she was never that quiet. She stood, and still stands for what she believes in. She's the strong one. In fact she's usually the one holding me. So whenever I saw her break, it just made me think how someone so strong could be with someone like me.

Weak. Worthless. But in a way, hurtful.

I'd never wanted to hurt her. Or anyone else for that matter. I just wanted to sit in the back of Mr. Harmon's class quietly, and read my bird book. But it changed when a certain red head walked through the door. And when Fred Garrison tripped her. How could someone trip someone that was so beautiful. I was captivated by her. And when she sat alone... All utterly alone... I knew I had a chance. And I never really did believe in destiny or fate. But ever since then I knew Lylah was mine.

And I don't know how she's put up with all of this shit. All of the stupid little shit I've done. Like push her, and hit her. Or the big stuff, like murdering her, her mom, her best friend, and 15 other kids.

But she did. And she still loves me. She must really love me. And I know I love her. God I love her more than anything.

I tightened my grip on her torso and she snuggled against me. Her long red hair was out of her face, so I could see it. All those angelic features. She smiled a little in her sleep. Most likely dreaming about us, and what our lives outside the house would be like.

What our lives would be like if I wasn't insane. And if I hadn't done all the things I have.

She's probably seeing me come home from work at a shitty job, but still managing to be happy. Mostly because I had them. I'd kiss Ly on the forehead and head over to the high chair where our baby boy would be. I'd kiss his chubby little cheeks and pick him up. Lylah would let the dog back in the house to clean up the mess our son made around the chair.

It would just be perfect.

Key word: Would.

But it couldn't be.

I got pulled out of my thoughts when she fluttered her eyes open. I closed mine to pretend I was asleep. Childish I know. She shook me awake.

"Tate. Tate!" She whisper-yelled. I pretended to wake up.

"What's the matter?" I asked her.

"I had a dream... It was good at first, but, but then..." A familiar lump welled up in her throat. I hugged her tightly, and laid back down on my back, letting her lay on my chest. I kissed her forehead and played with her hair until she fell asleep.

"It's all going to be alright." I whispered to myself.