Not So Perfect After All

Lylah's POV

"Lylah! Tate! You ready!?" Addy yelled from the door. I opened it. It was ok if she yelled, Violet and her parents were out at a Halloween party. Tate came down in his costume, but with his makeup done grim as fuck. Sexy as fuck. I smiled at him.

"So you like it?" He smirked. I nodded. He took a glance at my costume and his smirk got bigger.

"So you like it?" I asked. He nodded. My makeup was a bit grim too, like a dark turn on both the characters... Because we don't like normal things.

"Let's go!" Addy said with a mask on. She wore a pink sweater. She was a pretty girl, even though when she didn't have the mask on, she was prettier. Tate pulled my hand.

"You go ahead with Mom, Addy. Were gonna go to the beach. I know you don't want to come." Tate said.

"You guys aren't gonna trick or treat?" Addy asked.

"Not this year. Next year for sure though Addy." I told her. She shrugged and went off.

"Come on babygirl." Tate whispered in my ear as we walked of the door. I giggled and kissed his cheek. When we got to the beach we practically were making porn.

And I thought nothing could ruin it.

But then it did.

"Tate Langdon!?" I heard a voice. I looked to see a cheerleader, running for us. And about 4 other people followed her.

Gunshot wounds on each of them.

"Who are you?! How do you know my name?!" Tate called.

"Fuck Tate! It's the kids you shot, don't you remember? Let's go!" I yelled. We stood up and bolted for the house.

"Come back!" One called.

"No!!" I yelled. We got to the house and Tate broke down on the front steps. Hyperventilating. A panic attack.

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" He yelled, banging his hands against the sides of his head. I leaned down to see him face to face and grabbed his hands.

"Tate. Shhhh. It's ok. It's ok look. Look they're gone." I soothed.

"They are gone Lylah! Because of me!!" He pulled his hands out of mine, continuing to panic.

"Tate. Tate..." I repeated, looking for a way to calm him down. I suddenly crashed my lips onto his. He leaned into the kiss and pulled away.

"What was that?" He asked.

"I read somewhere that holding your breath could stop a panic attack. And when I kissed you, you held your breath." He looked at me with those same dark, but beautiful eyes and smiled.

"I did." He said. I nodded. I helped him up and lead him into the house. We cuddled for a bit until there was a frantic knock on the door. Tate didn't stir, so I got up.

"Trick or treat!" Addy yelled. I smiled. It was a nice relief from tonight. I went to the kitchen to grab a few pieces of candy.

"Oh look! It's Tate's little sister!" I hear the cheerleader again. I poked my head out the door, seeing her coming this way. I felt an undeniable sense of doom. Something bad was about to happen.

"Let's get her!" One yelled.

"Show Langdon how we feel!" A blonde rocker chick cried. They were running, and gaining towards the house quickly.

"ADDY RUN!" I called, going outside to confront the kids.

She ran across the street.

Without looking.

Without seeing the car the was an inch away from her.

Without knowing that it would drive away after she was dead.

Without knowing that the kids that were going to hurt her fled the scene.

Without knowing that I dragged her to the house, but it was too late.

Without knowing that I cried over her dead body for a straight 15 minutes before the police came and I had to hide.

And even then I cried until Tate asked me what was wrong.