A Broken Girl

Lylah's POV

"Yeah, there's- there's been a few more than a few rough patches for us. But... well I can't say I wouldn't change it, but I wouldn't take anyone else but you." I said. All of which was true.

"If I hadn't done what I'd done, or if I just stayed away when you told me to. You wouldn't be dead. You could have had a life... with Kace maybe..." Tate said. His eyes were filling up with tears that threatened to spill.

"Don't mention him. I don't love him I love you. Always have always will. Even when... when I found out my mom ended it. I loved you. Because there's just this thing we have. It's different. It's us." I tried to explain. I found it hard to though, like I said, it's just us. He leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on my nose.

"I love you Lylah Grinski." He said. I smiled. The bubbly feeling grew in my heart, the feeling you get when you really someone and you know it and it's everything you have not to say it every minute, every second of the day.

"I love you too." I said. He brushed a piece of hair out of my face, behind my ear, gently.

"If I had a ring, I'd propose to you right now." He whispered.

"Tate! Don't you think we're a little young?" I giggled. He still seemed serious.

"Baby, we'd be like upwards of thirty right now..." he said. "And we do have forever... I have to at some point." He said, he smiled bright at the end.

"Well... then I'd say yes." I said.

"I guess you could say we're engaged now." He laughed.

"Not officially but sure." I agreed. He kissed me without warning. I kissed back. It was the little slow kisses like these that made my day. I guess you could say it was perfect enough. He pulled back.

"Perfect enough." He picked the words from my brain.

"You ready for tonight?" I asked.

"I guess as ready as I'll ever be." He replied.

"We should probably go take a nap first, huh?" I asked.

"Why Lylah, is that an invitation to a cuddle session?" He said.

"If you accept." I said.

"Of course." And with that I was laying in the bed with him wrapped around me like a snake to its prey.

"I love you, damaged boy" I whispered.

"I love you more, broken girl." Was his answer.

"Not possible."

This was a short fluff chapter lol, haven't had one of those in a while... XD