Go Away

Lylah's POV

Let's go over the basic lists of things I know:

- My name is Lylah Grinski
- I am 17 years old
- I miss my mother
- I am dead
- I am trapped in a house full of dead people
- One of those dead people include Tate Langdon
- Tate Langdon killed me.

All feelings for him had been forgotten. Literally. I "woke" up in the entryway of the house with only 2 things that I knew. My name. And his name.

Everyday I'd get little tid bits of information everyday about my life. My mother was very good to me. I had a friend named Kace. And Tate... Well I suppose I liked him. Because every now and again I'll see myself kissing him. Maybe even loving him, but those visions get clouded. Other visions of him shooting innocent kids, including Kace, shadow the good parts. He even shot me.

How could he do that? He seemed like he loved me. Why would he do that? He ruined my life. No, he didn't ruin it, he ended it.

I realized another thing just now:

- I hate Tate Langdon

Tate's mother, Constance, had moved due to the excessive amount of death that took place at the house about a week ago. The thing that confuses me, is how did I get here? Tate shot me at school, why aren't I haunting the school?

And I suppose only one person can answer that question:

I dial Constance.

"Hello?" She says. I gather the courage to say something.

"Who is this?" She asked.

"Constance, it's um. It's Lylah." I said. I heard her breath hitch a little.

"Oh Lylah, have you-have you seen my son?" She asked.

"No and I never wish to, I just need to talk to you." I said.

"What's the problem dear?" She asked. Wow. She was almost as nice as my mother.

"Well I can't remember like anything about my past life. My real life. Like, were Tate and I a thing? Why did Tate shoot the school up? Why did he kill me? How did I get here? And, what happened to my mom?" I asked.

"Well that's an awful lot of questions. It's funny you don't remember much about Tate, because you knew more about him than I did. You two were more than a thing, it's a rare thing finding love that early, but you guys did. For a while, it helped Tate. Helped keep him sane, but he made an awful mistake trying to protect you. And you found out, and it broke both of you guys apart. I knew deep down you two still loved each other, but it just wasn't going to work. So Tate lost his mind. Did some cocaine, lit my beau on fire, and shot up the school. My guess is he shot you, then snapped out of it after realizing it was you he shot. He probably took you back to the house to save you or something, but it was too late." She said.

"And my mom?" She stayed silent.

"Constance?" I asked.

"Your mother couldn't bare the pain of losing her husband and her child. She- honey, she slit her wrists in the bathtub." Constance said. I dropped the phone and it broke. My heart had been ripped out my chest. This hurt worse than getting shot. I found enough air to fill my lungs and let out a blood-curdling scream. I inhaled sharply:

"No!" I screamed. "No! No! No! No!" I wailed. I fell to my knees and crawled myself into a little ball.

Tate POV

The scream of a woman rang through out the house. And consistent wailing followed. It sounded like a damn banshee. It wasn't Nora, because Nora wasn't nearly as hysterical. I ran up the stairs to see what all the commotion was about and it was coming from my room. I pushed the door open slightly to see her on the floor.

I can't remember her name, but I know she's important somehow. I hear her sob, and in nearly a whisper, she uttered the words:

"Go away." She looked up at me with darkness in her eyes.