A Damaged Boy

Tate's POV

"Okay tonight." She said to the group of ghosts sat around the foyer. We're gonna terrorize the shit out of the Harmons tonight. We all went our separate ways with the plan burned into our memory.

"We got this." She said to herself. I was honestly proud of her for pulling all of this together, and to help Violet. I mean, Ly hates Violet. Which makes sense, but Lylah helping Violet doesn't. I like to think she's just doing this for us. So we can take Violets room back so we can bang when we want.

"Tate? Babe you listening?" She snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Shit, no I wasn't I said." She rolled her eyes.

"I said, do you think this is gonna work? Like we worked so hard and-" I cut her off because I knew she was going into a rant.

"Baby, trust me this is gonna work. I believe in you." I said. She blushed a tiny bit and I kissed her on the cheek. My lips lingered in her soft skin a moment before she wrapped her arms around me and dug her head into my neck.

"I want the house back." She said.

"Me too." I whispered. We stood there for a second until Violet rounded the corner. She couldn't see us, but she was looking.

"Tate? Lylah? Tate?" She whispered through the hallway. She walked right passed us.

"What?" Lylah said from behind her. She turned around and saw us both.

"Nothing important, I got the pop-it's, and I just wanted to know what the plan was." She said.

"We are gonna scare the shit out of all of you tomorrow." Lylah lied. Why would she lie?

"How?" Violet asked, curiously.

"I can't tell you or it won't be believable. But we won't touch you, or your mom." Lylah said.

"My dad?" She asked.

"Well, we won't hurt him, we're just gonna scare him more cuz he's the man of the house." Lylah responded. I stared to tune out again. I watched her soft pink lips move and the way her eyes sparkled when she was talking about something with such passion.

"Tate!?" Lylah and Violet yelled in unison.

"What what? I snapped out of it.

"Were you listening?" Lylah asked.

"No..." I said.

"Ugh, baby, you aren't going to touch Mr. Harmon right?" Ly winked at me slightly, wanting me to lie.

"No. Of course not." I said. I was afraid I wasn't convincing Violet until she said okay and walked off.

"You okay babe?" Lylah asked, linking her arm with mine and leaning against me.

"Yeah yeah, I'm good." I said.

"You seem a little out of it is all." She replied.

"I guess I feel different." I admitted.

"Different how?" She asked.

"Different like I feel like I'm actually doing something good for someone. And I can't remember the last time that's happened." I explain. She pulled a piece of her first hair behind her ear.

"You're a damaged boy, Tate. You've given me some of the happiest moments of my life. And I love you for it." She pecked my cheek.

"But you're a broken girl... because of me."