Remembering

Tate's POV

I was completely ignoring the fact that the house had just gotten sold. I was 100% focused on Ly.

"So-uh- what did you need?" I asked her. She pulled a strand of strawberry blonde hair behind her ear. I wanted to do that.

"I-I just wanted to see if you were ok." She paused. "With you know, Chad and Patrick." She finished.

"Lylah, I did that to protect us. To protect the house. I'm ok. Besides, the house is much quieter now, not as much bickering." I said. She shook her head slightly.

"Not for long." She said. She looked at the family, closing the deal with Marcy through the window.

"Yeah I know, but anyway, why were you wondering if I was ok? I mean are you?" I ask.

"Well it wouldn't be the first time you killed people, but it's still a traumatic thing I think so... Yeah." She said. A little anxiously. She's so cute when she's nervous. I was making her nervous. Her frantic words replayed in my mind.

It wouldn't be the first time you killed people.

"What?" I blatantly said.

"What-what?" She replied.

"I killed other people?" I asked. I backed away from her slowly.

"Tate? Are you ok?-" I cut her off.

"Answer me Lylah." I said, through gritted teeth. I sat in a little lawn chair and she sat across the table.

"You mean to tell me it's almost been 20 years and you've never known the truth? Do you even know how you died?" She asked.

"Yeah, the cops shot me." I said.

"Do you know why?" She asked.

"N- no... Why did they shoot me Ly?" I was curious for answers.

"You killed people Tate. Innocent kids, like us. My best friend. And- and-" I cut her off again.

"And what?" I swallowed hard.

"And me." She said. I felt like someone punched me in the stomach. My eyes watered.

"No. No you're lying. You're a liar!" I yelled. She reached her hand over he table to meet mine.

She hadn't touched me like this... Not since I've been here. Since we've been like this.

"Tate it was another life. Different than this. It's not you. It was the darkness of this damn house." She sighed. "We've been through this, don't remember that? Don't you remember what we have?" She asked. I remember everything we were and what we had.

Wait did she just say have?

I must be going crazy.

Or maybe she is. I recall her saying she never wanted to see me again. Our past conversation came back into my mind. She had told me all of this before. How could I forget?

"I remember what we had Lylah... But what do we have now?" I asked. She stared at me as if there was blood coming out of my eyes.

She realized what she said, and the significance it had. Not on just me, but her too. She shook her head.

"No. I'm not going through this." She whispered.