Does it Really Matter?

Lylah's POV

March 18th 1994

"I swear to god I'm gonna kill him." I hear Tate mumble as I wake up. I immediately feel pain shoot though my entire body when I turn my head to see him. I wince.

"Shit Ly, don't move ok? I don't want my mom to hear you." He said.

"What happened? Where am I? Who are you?" I asked. Tate looked at me with a worried face.

"You don't remember me?" Tate said and his eyes filled with tears.

"No no don't cry I was just fuckin with ya." I said, laughing, but the laughing hurt my side and yelped. I tried to get up to beat the pain, but a hand pushed me back down.

"I see you haven't lost your sense of humor, and no getting up, not yet at least." He said. He left his hand on my chest, right between the, well, you know. He quickly took it back when he saw that I was looking.

"Tate w-what happened, I really can't remember." I said.

"You told me that Jake took you to his house and some girls jumped you." He said. "That was after you passed out the first time and before you passed out again at like 3 in the morning." He said.

"Oh." I said.

"Are you hungry?" He asked me. He obviously wanted to change the subject of what happened last night.

"Somewhat." I said. My stomach roared. He huffed a laugh.

"I'm gonna make you something." He said and walked out. I slowly tried to get up without making a sound I took in a sharp breath as I sat up and slowly huffed it out as I tried to stand. I eventually succeed and walk over to Tate's mirror. When I saw myself I started to cry. My hair and makeup from last night was a mess. There were bruises on my face and body. I looked hideous and the way I looked matched with the way I felt. I sniffled and took a step back.

"What are you doing here?" I hear a voice say. I turned around to see a girl with brown hair, she was a little bigger, and looked to have a slight touch of Down syndrome. She smiled at me. I smiled back. "I know you." She said.

"You do?" I asked.

"You're that girl. The one Tate always talks about." She walked towards me and looked me up and down. "He was right."

"Right about what?" I asked.

"You are very pretty." She said.

"Addy?" Tate said as he walked in. She turned around to see him. She giggled and ran out.

"So uh, you think I'm pretty?" I asked. Tate's color flushed.

"Who said that?" He asked.

"Addy." I said.

"Oh, well, yeah, I mean you are so." He said.

"Thanks." I said. "But I'm not so much right now." I huffed.

"Yes, you are." He said. I looked at him and smirked.

"What?" I asked, teasing him.

"Um nothing um not that it um really matters..." He trailed off.

"I think it does." I said. " I think it matters." I said. I smiled and he smiled back at me and I couldn't help but feel a spark.

"Hey where's the food?" I giggled.