Darkness In Bloom

Tate's POV

I sat on my bed. It was her bed now, but she was at school.

Violet hadn't seen me yet. But she's heard me. And I've heard her. She was a dark soul, an unhappy being.

Just like me.

She cries herself to sleep at night because of what the jerks in Westfield say to her. I guess things haven't really changed there. And she has to put up this facade all day where she's tough, but everyone breaks. She was breaking.

I'm not gonna lie here, I thought she was beautiful. And she has great taste in music. And she is a kind of girl I'd go for.

She reminds me a lot of the way Lylah used to be. Before I broke her. And I really have only one kind of girl. And that kind of girl is Lylah Grinski.

I don't know why I can't let her go. So don't ask. I'm tied to her. We are connected and we always will be. Even if she says she doesn't care about me. She has said she loves me. She's lying about being fine without me. She's trying to protect herself, and even me somehow.

She thinks our relationship is toxic, and while I agree, I don't care. I love her and I know we can work through it, no matter how long it takes. We have eternity after all. And I'd wait forever if I have to.

I start sobbing at the mere thought of her not caring about me. I know it can't be true, but there is a chunk of doubt that what we have, or had, well it wasn't real. I lift up the little floor board that held my 3 razors.

I hadn't cut in forever. Not since I met Lylah. I wanted to stay clean for her.

But I guess she didn't care. And I can't feel anything anyway. Not physically.

The only thing I feel is love for Lylah. And of course the sadness that comes from not being able to be with her.

I put the razor to my wrist and pull it against the skin. I don't feel pain. I don't feel anything. The world goes away for a quick second as I watch the blood drip off the end of my wrist and onto the little rug that belonged to Violet.

I felt bad for ruining her rug, but I knew Moira would get it out soon, the stain I mean. I close my eyes and try to feel the liquid exiting my veins.

Nothing.

I open my eyes to see the wound is gone, good as new. Only thing there was the scars from before my untimely death.

I grit my teeth in anger and feel something rise in me. I need to feel something. And if not love, then so be it. I can hate. I can feel whatever I want. No one can hold me back anymore. Not even Lylah. I have to let her go.

She once said that she tried to see the good in me, but I was just darkness that hadn't bloomed yet.

Well it's spring.

And the darkness is in bloom.