Emptying The House

Tate POV

It had been years since I'd seen Lylah. But I dream about her every night. I spend most of my time in the basement, which is weird because I used to hate it here. The infantata wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. It was scary and everything to look at but nice on the inside.

The opposite of people. Beautiful on the outside. But on the inside were all monsters. 

Like you.

You are a monster.

My thoughts were interrupted by the door opening. They were home. Chad and Patrick. As soon as they stepped through the entryway they started bickering.

It was about how today was Halloween and they weren't ready. It then turned into a fight about cheating. An argument about a baby. And then sexual issues.

Jesus Christ. It's one thing after another with them.

Speaking of their sexual issues, one of them bought this awful looking latex suit to spice things up, and it cracks me up every time I even think about it. Like I'm dying of laughter in the basement right now. I heard the door of the basement open.

"You little monster, shut up!" I heard Moira scream down here, only causing me to laugh harder.

"Just ignore him, god knows it's what we all do." I heard a voice I hadn't heard in a good 7 years. It stopped my laughing in it's tracks. I ran up the stairs.

"Lylah!" I yelled. When I reached the top Moira grabbed me.

"You leave her alone. She's fine when she sticks by me, like the daughter I never had. So leave her alone, do you understand me?" She asked harshly.

"The daughter you never had? Really?" I scoffed. "What now are you goys going to clean houses together?" I laughed.

"Wouldn't you like to see her in a maid'a uniform?" Moira squinted. This stopped my laughing fit, because for a brief moment I did picture her in one.

My horny thought was once again interrupted by Chad yelling at Patrick.

"The damn red head is in the backyard again!" He said.

"I'm gonna kill that teenage bitch, thinks she can just do whatever she wants." Patrick said, walking into the backyard. I ran to the back window.

She froze in his presence. I could hear his muffled yells.

"Stay away from our house! Do you understand me!?" He screamed. She nodded softly. He grabbed her wrists tightly.

"Answer me!!" He screamed. She winced and my hands found their way into fists.

"I- I" her eyes squinted in anger and she ripped her wrists away from his hands.

Something dark filled her eyes. She's changed. This house changed her. I ran to the door but before I could yell: "Lylah No!!" She had already snapped his neck. His dead body hit the floor like a sack of Potatoes. She looked at me as I ran to his dead body.

"SHIT!" I yelled. All the darkness left her eyes and she started to freak out.

"Oh my god. I killed him. Oh my god. Oh my god." She repeated.

"It's-it's ok Ly, we can cover this up." I said.

"It's not OK TATE I KILLED SOMEONE!" My hand slipped over her mouth, trying to silence her.

"Look. It's was a murder suicide." I said.

"What?" she asked, confused.

"Stay here." I said. I ran into the basement and grabbed a gun. The other one was in the kitchen carving pumpkins. Before he could even scream I put a gun to the side of his head and pulled the trigger, receiving another scream from Lylah.

"Tate!! What have you done!?" She screamed.

"Saved our asses!!" I screamed. I wiped my prints and places the fun carefully Into His hand while Lylah struggled to drag the one she killed in while she was crying.

We set them up and waited. Lylah was hysterical.

"It just happened so fast I-I didn't men to I didn't want to it just happened." She said.

The thing is: I wanted to tell her it would all be ok and everything was going to be fine.

But I'd have been lying if I said that.