Mother Doesn't Know Best

Tate's POV

It was amazing. Being with her, loving her. And it was just as amazing for her to love me back.

She and I were entangled together on the couch, watching a show. However I wasn't really paying attention to it, I was too busy playing with Lylah's hair and taking in her features, like it was the last time I'd get to see them.

"Babe you've been staring at me for the past half an hour, does this show bore you? Because I can change it off you want." She said. I smiled at her, but the smile turned into a mischievous smirk. I leaned in close to her.

"Turn it off." I whispered. She clicked the tv off and climbed on top of me, and our lips attached almost immediately. Then the front door opened. We made ourselves so that we couldn't be seen. It was easy after 20 years of coping to be a ghost, but at first it was very hard, hence me being in the basement all the time. And Lylah said she spent most of her days playing with Beau in the attic.

I was just visiting with Beau the other day, he's just as sweet as he was before my mother killed him off. Speaking of, she was the one that walked through the door. She often does this when the Harmons are out. She calls for me, but I never answer. She went upstairs, lightly calling my name. Lylah was putting her hair up in a messy bun. It turned out to be quite perfectly messy actually.

"You should really talk to her." She said.

"No." I said.

"Tate, she's your mom." She said.

"Fine fine. Only because you never stop bothering me about it." I said, tugging a shirt on and going to find Constance.

"Tate?" She called.

"What do you want?" I asked, making myself seen.

"Oh Tate!" She said, extending her arms my way. I backed up from her grasp.

"Did you hear my question?" I asked.

"Yes... I just wanted to see you. And hear your voice my boy." She said.

"How is Addy?" I asked.

"She's wonderful, I was going to bring her tomorrow, to see you." She said.

"Good, then I'll see you tomorrow." I said walking away.

"Where's Lylah?" She asked. I turned around.

"What do you want with her?" I asked, gritting my teeth a bit. I get quite protective over Ly.

"So it's true, you guys are still in love." She said.

"Do you want to be a better person for her?" My mother asked me.

"What?" I replied.

"Dr. Harmon is a psychologist. A therapist. I'm quite convinced he can help you." She said.

"I can set up an appointment. As if you're not dead." She finished.

"As if I'm your son?" I asked.

"You'll always be my son." She said. I let her hand touch my face and she smiled lightly.

"Good. I'll call him today. My glad your getting better. I knew you would." She said.

"Only because Lylah is giving me the one thing I never got.; love." I said, walking away for good.