Chapter 16: Surprise At The Beach

Jinhee's P.O.V

      We all walked barefoot in the sand, even though it wasn't exactly beach weather. It was chilly, windy, and the water was freezing cold but we were laughing anyway. "How about we play a game!" Sehun suggested. "Like what?" Luhan asked. "I don't know...J you pick!" Sehun said and sounded like a little kid. "Um...Protect The Tree Branch? I used to play it with my uncle when I was younger, but if you don't want to...that's fine." I said shyly and rocked back and forth on my feet.

      It was silent, so I slowly looked up and saw that all the guys had red faces. "Uh, what's wrong?" I asked. "Oh, n-nothing. We love that game, right guys?" Kai answered for everyone. All the guys agreed in a heartbeat. "Really? Great!" I yelled. "Okay, so first we need a tree branch!" I said and started scanning the ground for one.

      They just stood there, looking at me. "What are you doing? Go and look for a tree branch!" I ordered. They quickly began scattering everywhere to find one. After a couple minutes of looking, Kris comes walking up to me. "Hey, J." He greets. "Hm?" I say while still looking for a tree branch. "I found one." He says monotonously.

      I quickly jump up. "Really?" I ask and look at him. "Yeah." He says while holding the stick up. "Yay! We can finally play!" I jumped excitedly. "Guys! Come on, Kris found a stick!" I yelled at the rest of the guys. They walked glumly back. Then, Tao came stomping back.

      "That's unfair! You fle-" Tao started but was cut off by D.O interjecting. "So, let's gets started?" D.O asked. "Uh, sure." I said uncertainly. "Wait, don't I get a prize?" Kris asked while smirking and raising his eyebrow. "Um, sur-" but then I was cut off by Chanyeol. "No! No, you don't!" Chanyeol yelled while grabbing me gently by the shoulders and pulling me behind him.

      "Let's just play already." Suho sighed and put his hand against his forehead. I was between Chanyeol and Baekhyun, they wouldn't let me move. But I was fine with it. We made a huge mound of sand and then stuck the stick inside. "So, who should go first?" I ask.

      "Oldest first?" Xiumin suggested. Before anyone could protest, I nodded. Xiumin stepped up and began moving a generous amount of sand. "Wait, I need to know all your ages so I know when to go." I said. "You're the youngest." Chanyeol and Baekhyun chorused together, then looked at each other weirdly.

      "How old are you, J?" Chen asked. "I'm nineteen, almost twenty." I replied. "Yep, you're the youngest." He nodded. "Dang it." I muttered. "That means you have to call me oppa!" Sehun gushed and teased happily. I rolled my eyes and reached over Baekhyun to punch his arm. "Ow!" He yelled.

      "It is true." Xiumin added. "Fine." I huffed and crossed my arms. The guys jumped and whooped in victory.

       The guys all went and the only person left was me, the branch was barely able to stand and just a gust of wind could blow it over. "Wait, what's the punishment for loosing?" Sehun asked. "They have to go in to the water." I thought in my head. "They have to go in the water!" All of us chorused together.

       I would've thought that we'd all look at each other weirdly, but they only looked at me. "Why are you guys only looking at me?" I asked. They continued to stare, so I looked behind me absentmindedly. A huge group of guys were huddled together, chatting normally and shoving each other playfully.

      It was...the boys. The first person I saw was Hyeonwoo trying to calm them down. I fumble with my cat-eye glasses, then quickly put them on. "What's wrong?" Chanyeol asks, finally breaking the stares. "My friends are here from school, they can't see me without my glasses." I answer. "Who?" Baekhyun asks while looking behind him. I hear him swear something under his breath. "Guys." He grunts while nudging his head towards their direction.