Chapter 39: Violence Isn't Always Needed

Jinhee's P.O.V

"Guys, it's past midnight already." Said a groggy D.O as he yawned and slouched on the couch. "Really? We've been talking that long?" I asked, perplexed at why time past so fast. "Wow, that was fast. I didn't even notice." Junior shrugged, others murmured and nodded in agreement. "Alright, I guess we'll all have to get back. You guys should go straight to your dorms and go to sleep, because all of y'all have schedules." I reminded. "Yes, ma'am." They all chorused tiredly. "But...who's going to take you home." A tired Jungkook pouted and whined on my shoulder. "It's alright, I can take her. You guys should get some shut eye." D.O answered for me as he stood up.

Jungkook pouted, but nodded as well as the rest. "Alright, you guys stay safe. Don't do anything stupid, because I won't be there to save your butts. We'll hang out again in like a couple days." I said while ruffling their hair. "We will, we won't, and obviously." They all chorused back in unison as they hugged me goodbye in return. It was like a tradition for me to say that and they'd answer back with the same sentence. We all filed out and I followed after D.O. The others yelled goodbyes behind us as I waved.

"Why didn't you go back to the apartment with the others?" I asked. "Well, I couldn't just leave you. I could see that the others were tired and they needed some sleep anyway." D.O shrugged. "Thanks." I say and smile at him. "...uh no problem." He said, clearing his throat and looking away. "Um, I just realized something..." D.O muttered. "What?"
I asked, curious.

"They, ah, took the cars." He sighed. "What?! Both of them?! What a bunch of idiots, honestly." I groaned. "I guess we'll have to walk." He shrugged, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Walk? Which means move more than we should have? Nuh-uh, nope not doing it." I said jokingly. "Uhm, well I can give you a piggyback ride?" He murmured quietly. "Are you calling me pig?" I teased by acting fake appalled. "You know I wasn't." He smiled and bumped my arm. "Alright, but are you sure you can hold me? I'm pretty heavy. " I stated.

"If Chanyeol can pick you up, I'm pretty sure I can." He snorted. "They told you?! Those pervs." I sighed. "Okay then." I shrug and jump up on to his back, wrapping my legs around his waist. He swiftly caught me and held on to my legs to keep me from slipping. "Woo, this is fun. But not as tall as I thought it'd be." I tease. "Yah." He says. "I was kidding...not really." I say the last part under my breath. "Yayyyy! Run faster!" I yell and he obliges. "This is fun!" I giggle as he slows.

"Yeah, maybe for you." He grunts and suddenly drops me making me stumble backward, but I caught myself. "Oh, sorry I think I hurt my back while carrying you." He says as he tries cracking his back. "Oh really? I'm sorry." I say while rubbing his back. "It's fine." He shakes his hand and starts to walk. He hisses every time he takes a step. "Aish, if you couldn't hold me you should've just said so." I scold. "I can hold you! It's just that I pulled out my back when I was running earlier." He whines and starts to try to walk faster as I stand there.

"Yah. You shouldn't be walking with a hurt back." I say while jogging a little to catch up to him. "Well, then how else will we be able to get to the apartment?" He sighs. "We can call-" He interrupts "I already did, they're all a sleep already so they didn't pick up their phones." He says. "Alright..." I trail off, thinking. "Ooh!" I yell, thinking of something and making D.O jump. "I can give you a piggyback ride! Here, hop on." I say and stand in front of him. "I don't think so." He says and tries passing me.

"Dude, are you forgetting that I beat up twenty two people by myself and broke some metal chains? I don't usually say this, but I'm pretty badass." I say with a proud stature. "So, I'm pretty sure I can carry you a few blocks. I'm not weak." I say, looking at him. "Alright fine, but...be careful." He sighs as I nod. I crouch down and then he jumps on to my back. "See? Completely fine." I say as I continue to walk. "Yeah, yeah whatever." He says.