Chapter 30: Duet and An Ambush?

Jinhee's P.O.V

"The rest of you guys will be practicing, this won't take as long as the other duet since the song is shorter." EXO's manager explained as everyone nodded. The boys left to go practice as Jinhee and Chanyeol entered the studio to record. They picked the lyric sheet that had their parts highlighted and cued that they were ready.

English Lyrics (Yes, I copy and pasted again. Ain't no body got time for dat.)

(Chanyeol's part)

Girl, perhaps you're trying to hide

Your wings and many charms that I don't know of behind your small shoulders

Girl, I don't know since when
I keep smiling more without knowing

And thoughts of you fill my head

When I open my eyes everyday, rather than (thinking of) breakfast

I think of your face and a smile spreads across my face

I spend all day working hard daily to make money again

Why don't I feel sick of it, I'm only enjoying it

It's fascinating how a girl like you

Entered my heart and refused to leave

(Chanyeol stops and Jinhee starts singing)

I want to keep the door to my heart right open

I made this song when I thought of you, so listen (Chanyeol mutters this under his breath)

I hum lalalalala, everyday

Your pretty pictures keep filling up my albums one by one, baby

When I open or close my eyes I always think of you babe

There's nothing as beautiful as you anywhere

(Chorus)

You are (I just want to tell you today)

You are (I just want to hold your hand uh)

You are (Even when I pretend that's not it)

Actually, I only think of you

(Jinhee's part ends)
(Chorus repeats and they both sing together)

Actually, I only think of you, you are

Time skip

After a couple hours of rehearsing and perfecting the audio, everyone was finished. Chanyeol and Jinhee were both laughing at something they said while they exited the studio at the same time as the boys. "Hey, guys. Good practice?" Jinhee asked them. "Yeah, it was shorter than yesterday since we went pretty hardcore before." Kai answered. "Well, it's only eight. Wanna go out to eat?" Jinhee asked. They all answered with a yes and they exited the building, arguing of where to go.

"Ooh, there's a new fancy restaurant not far from here." Suho suggested. "Nah, we should go to a fresh food place and eat the live octopus." Sehun suggested. As they argued about places to go that, for Jinhee, were far overpriced Jinhee stood in the middle awkwardly. "Um, guys. I was just thinking pizza." Jinhee said They all looked at her, then at each other. "Sounds good." They answered as Jinhee's face broke out in a smile and the boys couldn't help but smile back.

Her smile made them happy and the emptiness they had always felt was filled. They could also feel weird fluttering in their chest and stomach whenever she touched them, smiled, or did anything. The boys just couldn't pinpoint what this feeling was. "There's a pizza place nearby, let's just walk there." Jinhee suggested. "That's kinda dangerous." Baekhyun said while looking at his phone to see that it was nine now.

"It's fine, we have twelve boys that are a gang if you don't remember and a girl that can kick all of their butts." Jinhee said with a smirk. They all laughed and began to walk. It was just nine, so the streets were still bustling with cars and traffic. Somehow they ended up in a alleyway. (because these things somehow happen in fanfics xD)
Chen heard rustling up near the ceiling of the buildings around them and told the rest of them. Suddenly, a electric bolt nearly hit Jinhee but she backed up just in time for it to hit the brick wall and disappear.

"Wha-" before Jinhee could finish more electric bolts zapped everywhere and then people began jumping off the roofs towards them. "Protect J." Sehun said in his head, knowing the others were already thinking the same. They all surrounded her in a circle and began, at first, fighting hand-to-hand combat. "Guys, we can't fight like this for much longer." Baekhyun said as he kicked a guy in the stomach. "Should we?" Tao asked. "To protect J." Chanyeol thought, realising this whole conversation was in their minds.

"Alright, then." They shrugged and then almost instantly began using their powers to fight back. Kris flew up to get the guys that were in the air or still on the roof, Kai was teleporting to taunt his opponent, Luhan was floating huge objects to throw, etc. You could see Tao's opponent freeze, just to see them fall to the ground seconds after. A bright flash of light was seen every once and a while in the corner of everyone's eye, courtesy of Baekhyun blinding his opponent.

Not long after, the fight was finished and they the enemies were forced to retreat. "That was much easier." D.O sighed while wiping his hands. They all turned to look at Jinhee, who had wide eyes and was shaking a bit. But, before anyone could say anything an electric bolt was shot behind her that hit her in her back, making her cripple to the ground. "Jinhee!" They all yelled as she fell. A man lay fallen on the ground, taking his last bit of energy to conjure up that bolt to hit her then his head fell forward and he was dead.

They all ran to Jinhee's side and saw that she was twitching slightly since she was electrocuted. Lay stepped forward to examine her, a soothing light admitting from his hand as he healed her back. "Will she be alright?" They all asked. "Yeah, she's just knocked out. But, the bolt might leave a scar." Lay said as he stopped healing.

They agreed to have Kai teleport her to their apartment, since it was easier. Kai left with a puff of smoke and the guys were silent, filled with dread and guilt thinking that it was their fault. They all made their way back in silence.

~~~

I Jhope you enjoyed! Please do vote, comment, and keep reading! Idk whut else to say in dis A/N, literally been scrolling through Insta to find SOMETHING....but I can't sooooo byeeeee

Yes, ima start ending every A/N with something BTS related