Chapter 58

Narrator

Knock. Knock. Knock. A loud rapping noise echoed throughout the arena, coming from the door that lead them in here. Everyone held their breath and silence followed after until the knocking continued but more rapid than before. The boys slowly got up from bowing and made their way to the imprint to open the door. Suho put his hand on it, the others behind him in a ready stance to fight if whoever behind that door was going to attack. The imprint glowed red, Suho retracted his hand with a yell.

"What's wrong?" Baekhyun asked.

"I don't know, it rejected my hand." Suho answered and showed his hand which had began to blossom red. Lay quickly made his way to him and began to heal it.

"Guys, think about it, I'm pretty sure if whoever is outside the door is knocking they don't mean much harm." Chanyeol commented with a grin.

"If they're knocking that means they can't get in, which means they aren't allowed to. Better safe than sorry." Tao stated, keeping his eyes trained on the door ahead of them. The knocks were becoming louder and faster as they spoke. Jinhee made her way to the imprint, unnoticed by the others who were bickering, and placed her hand on it. It glowed gold and the door began to slide open, the boys quickly assembled in front of her as it did.

A man, wearing a dark purple cloak with different designs on it draped over him stood with his hands clasped tightly together. Men in white and bronze uniforms stood behind him.
The man was noticeably old. His wrists that showed despite the baggy sleeves of his cloak were bony, his cheekbones were slightly sunken and his face was covered in a few age spots, his hair and beard that peaked under his hood was silver, and his eyes held wisdom as well as wrinkles on the sides which indicted he smiled enough for it to be there. He trudged towards the group, the men in uniform following behind him in sync with each other.

The boys quickly retracted their weapons and stood straight, they lowered their backs to a ninety degree bow. Jinhee looked at them for a second before following their actions.

"Our Royal Locum." The boys murmur together as they bow.

"You may arise." The man stated while doing doing a sweeping motion with his hand loosely above their backs. "I came as soon as the signal that this room was in use of a royal appeared. How is it possible that you entered this room?" He questioned, his voice stern but void of emotion. The boys looked at each other before simultaneously stepping aside to reveal Jinhee who stood in the gold and white outfit that had appeared on her. She lifted her chin in confidence.

The man gasped. "It can't be..." He said breathlessly.

"Our Royal Locum." Jinhee echoed what the boys said earlier and bowed, not knowing what to do. Something in the man's brain clicked and he noticed the outfit that she wore and her hand that was still on the imprint which glowed gold.

"Oh, no, no, no. Your Highness, you must not bow to me! Please do not disrespect yourself like that! I am merely a royal locum." The man rambled as he made his way to Jinhee and picked up her hands. "I would have never dreamt of the day I would meet you, Your Highness. I remember when you were just a baby and now look at you!" The man continued.

"When I was a baby?" Jinhee asked.

"Why, yes! I was there when you were born. Your father's right-hand man I was, so it was only natural I was there for such an important moment of his life." He answered. "What are you fellows doing? Stand behind Her Highness!" He ushered the men that he entered with who quickly complied and avoided her gaze. "Its been so long since I've seen those colors worn together by any of the Prime family." He gushed.

"I don't seem to understand..." Jinhee trailed off.

"Oh! That's right! You have a lot to catch up on. Please let us travel to the palace and we'll catch up." He stated as he slightly bowed and gestured his hand towards the door.

"Palace?"

-

Jinhee made the way to the couch, that she thought she was going to be sleeping on, followed by the royal locum and the uniformed men. Jinhee had "dismissed" the boys to get their things which she didn't know she had to do until they didn't leave and the royal locum informed her. She began to gather her stuff but was startled by an overexaggerated gasp.

"Do not tell me Your Highness was instructed to bed on the couch!" The man exclaimed followed by him clapping his hands which made her things gather themselves and float in the air waiting for further commands. 

"Oh, its fine. I can carry my things." Jinhee said quietly as she reached for her bag.

"Nonsense! Your Highness will need not to pick up anything heavier than a feather!" The man replied. "Now, we must not dilly dally and be off. You've got a lot to catch up on." He continued as the boys shuffled quietly into the room. "The Twelve..." He announced.

"Yes, your Royal Locum?" They all answered.

"You'll be staying here for the time being until needed for duty and-" Jinhee cut him off.

"Staying here?" She questioned.

"Why, yes, your Highness. They're not quite trained enough to be put on to elite status just yet. They will eventually, being the second generation Twelve, but by no means now. Until then, they'll stay here unless summoned like normal guards." The man shrugged as he explained.

"I'd rather they come. I don't know or trust any of you, but I do with them." Jinhee stated as she moved to stand in front of the boys.

"As you wish, your Highness." The man replied and bowed without hesitation.

"Now, how big is this palace exactly?"

~~~~~~

I jhope you enjoyed! I've been writing this chapter forever because I couldn't think of anything to continue it so I kinda decided to end it and the next chap will be them at the palace. jeez its been a while lmao