Chapter 42: Pain

Jinhee's P.O.V

"Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me. Happy birthday dear Jinhee, happy birthday to me." I sing to myself and blow out the candles on my cupcake since I was on a diet. I sigh, grab the cupcake, and practically eat it whole...kinda choking along the way. I look around, the emptiness of the apartment seeming more noticeable than usual. "I seriously need to get a boyfriend." I sigh. For some reason every time I try to start talking to someone, it doesn't work out well. It either just doesn't work out well, they cut off all connections with me, or I see them on the street and they run like their lives depend on it.

"I guess I'm just forever alone." I shrug. "Why do no guys like me!" I groan. "Whatever, I'm an independent woman and don't need no man." I say sassily then laugh, seriously I should become a comedian. What should I do now? I tap my ring finger on the table, the ring I got from yesterday glistening in the light.

I sigh, get up, and walk towards the kitchen to get a drink. I pour hot water in to a cup as well as a green tea bag, I would usually put lots of sugar in in, but ya know....DIET. I know, I don't wanna do it but since I'm an idol it's needed. I take a sip, ignoring the sting when I burn my tongue, then suddenly a loud sound makes me jump and spill it all over me. "Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!" I hiss in pain as the scorching hot water drips down my arms and legs.

The water cools down after a while and I glare at nothing since I didn't know what made the sound. I listen carefully and another sound is heard again. It sounded like things smashing to the floor and growling from next door. "They must be turning in to wolves already." I whisper, listening harder. Then, the screaming began. It sounded like the most painful and agonizing screams I've ever heard. And it wouldn't stop, they just kept screaming and screaming. I covered my ears, scrunched my eyes closed as tears bit at them, and shook my head side to side, doing anything to block it out. But, it seemed to bounce off the walls and make it even louder.

"No, they told me not to go. They told me not to check on them. I can't, I can't, I can't!" I tell myself repeatedly. Then they started screaming out words. "Please, please help me! Someone! It hurts!" They practically sobbed loudly and my whole body hurt like nothing I've ever felt. My heart felt like it was being ripped apart. Finally, I snapped. Not being able to take it anymore, I bolted and threw open the door. I continued to run sloppily and clumsily to EXO's door, wanting nothing but to console them and for the pain to go away.

"Please work, please work, please." I beg, tears beginning to roll down my cheeks. I punch in a random group of numbers and it suddenly clicks, letting me push it open. I look at it incredulously. I rush inside and see all of them crouching on their knees, holding their heads in pain, and screaming their lungs out. Without a thought, I run towards them but before I could get to them bright flashes of light wash over them. A couple seconds later, the lights fade and instead of EXO being there...it's their wolf form.

I breathe in awe of what I see. Each of them their own unique color scheme of brown, black, grey, silver, gold, beige, and white. The light shining off their coats and making it hard to decipher what color they were exactly. They looked at each other calmly, but suddenly started whining, yelping, and howling in pain again. I speed walk towards them, a bit cautious since I didn't want to alarm them. They look at me with pained and scared eyes, making me feel like my heart was cracking. 

A sharp pain starts in my head and I crumple to the floor, clutching at it and wishing for it to stop. The twelve painfully make their way towards me and lay down all around me, still yelping and howling. The pain slowly resides and I look up and see that their eyes are begging for me to stop their pain, but I didn't know what to do! So, I did whatever my instinct told me to and began to gently rub them. "It's okay, I'm here, I'm here now." I whisper repeatedly to them. Their yelping and whining quieted until they stopped completely.