Chapter 53

Narrator

Sweat dripped down the sides of her face as she moved her body with the beat of the music. The bass shook the whole room as she concentrated and watched herself through the mirror. After the song had stopped, her choreographer clapped as he entered the room.

"Great job, you're really going hard today." He said and hit her back encouragingly. "We're pretty much done for today, go ahead and cool off. I hope for the same intensity tomorrow." He smiled and exited the room.

Jinhee sighed and dropped her head, standing there for a moment then making her way towards the punching bag that was in the back of the room. Furling and unfurling her fists, she got in a ready stance, and then began to punch with all her might. Jumping from one foot to the other, her punches echoed throughout the overall empty practice room. Too emersed with what she was doing that she didn't notice someone had walked in.

"You should take a break." Lay says, gently grabbing her shoulder. Unlike her usual self, she jumps in surprise and whips her head to see who it is.

"Oh, its you." She breathes out, relieved. She sniffles, tightens her ponytail, and wipes her nose with her hand.

"You're bleeding." Lay says, his eyebrows furled.

"Uh, no. I'm good for the rest of the month." Jinhee answers, confused.

"No, your knuckles. They're bleeding." Lay says, grabbing her hand and examining it.

"Oh, I guess it is. I didn't have my gloves or any tape, so I guess my punches broke a little skin." Jinhee shrugs and pulls her hands away. Lay stops examining her knuckles and looks at Jinhee's face, really looked at her. Very prominent dark circles were under her eyes, her eyes seemed to be drooped and dull. She looked exhausted.

"You look tired." Lay says, becoming even more worried.

"Oh, I'm not wearing makeup." Jinhee said and laughed half-heartedly, looking away from him. Sighing, Lay gently grabs her face with both his hands and makes her look up at him.

"Are you okay?"

She stays silent for a little bit, just looking in to his eyes. Then breaks the silence, as well as pulling away from him.

"No, um, no. Not really." Jinhee chuckles. "I-I can't sleep, I hallucinate, I feel as if everyone and everything is out to get me, and dammit every single miserable second I'm awake I'm just waiting...waiting for her to take over and hurt you guys!" She says bitterly, tears spilling down her cheeks as she roughly wipes them.

Lay's heart aches to see Jinhee so broken. He lightly takes her bleeding hands in his own and closes his eyes, a warm light emits from their hands as he heals her. He then leans down and places a feather-like kiss on one tear that was going down her cheek.

"I'm sorry." He whispers, hugging her tightly. She breaks down in his arms, silent sobs that shook her whole body that made Lay have tears biting at his eyes as well.

He could fix injuries that were physical, but he would have given that and anything else to be able to heal what Jinhee was feeling at that moment.

He said he was sorry, sorry that he couldn't heal her, sorry he couldn't stop her from crying, sorry.

It's okay.

Time skip

He carried her small figure in his arms as she slept. She had fallen a sleep in his arms after crying for so long, he was there the whole time to confort her. Not wanting her to be in her apartment alone, Lay took her in to theirs.

"You're back! Where did you go-" Sehun was quickly shushed by Lay.

"J? Is she okay?" Sehun's panicked voice rang in Lay's head.

"Yeah, she's just sleeping. I'm gonna put her in the extra room." Lay answered.

Sehun let loose a sigh of relief.

"She hasn't gotten much sleep this past week, so it's good she's getting some-"

Lay was interrupted by Jinhee stirring in his arms. "Stop...talking. Trying...to...sleep." She mumbled in to his chest and then fell a sleep again. Confused, Sehun and Lay both looked at each other then shrugged and took her to the extra room. Lay tucked her in to the bed and placed a soft kiss on her forehead before going in to the hallway where Sehun was.

"I think we need to go on a vacation."

~~~~~~~~

I jhope you guys enjoyed! Please do comment, vote, and keep reading. Maybe give me a follow as well ;)

This is kind of a filler for the next chapter, sorry that it was so short. Especially after such a long wait! Thanks again and I hope you enjoy.

--------

🌹 red roses.

"let me do this first" or "I have to do this first" has saved me. you've done well, you're free, hope for peace in you is a feeling in me. 🌹