Chapter 31: Now, I Want Answers

Narrator's P.O.V

All the boys sat in their living room in anticipation. The worry that came off them was so strong you could practically feel it in the air, suffocating them. Baekhyun sat on the couch, his leg bobbing up and down repeatedly to D.O's annoyance. They had been awake for hours, waiting for Jinhee to wake up. They couldn't help, but think that it was all their fault. All their fault. These words rang through their heads over and over, making them feel like they were losing their minds.

"Guys, I think we should sleep. Jinhee will be awake by morning." Lay advised, not wanting to see them look so tired. "But-" they began to protest until Lay cut them off. "It's not good for your health, now go." Lay ordered with a finality in his tone. They all grumbled or sighed as they walked in to their room, Lay following not far behind them. As soon as each of their heads hit their pillow, they were knocked out.

Jinhee's P.O.V

I slowly opened my eyes, the sun rays make me scrunch them up. I look around to see a room I've never seen before, where am I? I try to sit up, but suddenly feel a searing and sharp pain zap up my back. Suddenly, what happened last night flash before my eyes making me fall back on to the bed and leaving me gasping for breath. The stinging lingers on my back as I slowly get up and make my way towards the vanity across the bed.

I turn around and raise my shirt to look at my back, a large red scar that looked like a lightning bolt zigzagged all the way down my spine. I could tell it was slowly beginning to heal already, but it hurt more than any wound I've ever had. "Where are the boys?" I suddenly ask myself aloud. I need answers from them and I need them now. I'm not freaked out or anything, just...confused. I carefully open the door and look right to left in the hallway, the whole apartment practically rang with silence.

I slowly walk out the room and begin to walk to the closest door. I carefully turn the knob and open it, looking inside I see nothing but messy sheets and clothes strewn across the floor. I check what time it is and see that it's four, the time the academy ends. They're probably at school, well I might as well make dinner for them.

I walk to the kitchen and look through the fridge and pantries to find nothing but junk food. Boys, honestly. But, I can't really say much either since I have a lot of junk food too. I guess I'll go get some groceries to make food.

Time Skip~Narrator's P. O. V

The boys eagerly stand in front of the the door, hoping that Jinhee will be awake. As Suho fumbled in his wallet to find the paper with the bar code of the apartment on it, the boys got impatient. "Yah, hurry up already." Kris sighed. Finally, found the paper and quickly punched in the numbers. The boys all simultaneously went to the guest room to check on Jinhee. Lay put his finger to his lips, telling them to stay silent as he slowly opened the door.

He looked inside then opened the door wider. "Guys, she's not here." Lay informed them, panic in his voice. "What?" They all chorused and entered the room. They practically tore the room apart trying to look for her. "Check the other rooms." Luhan said as he left to check his. After they all checked every inch of the house, it was obvious that Jinhee wasn't here.

They all assembled in the living room. "You don't think she left because she remembered what happened last night, do you?" D.O asked. They all stayed silent. "It's a possibility." Xiumin nodded. "We have to find her and explain everything, we can't lose her." Chanyeol blurted out. "We won't." Chen stated seriously. They couldn't fathom not having Jinhee in their lives. "What are we gonna do-" Kai was cut off by the door opening, revealing Jinhee holding a bunch of grocery bags.