Chapter 52

Narrator

"So, you're telling me that Eris is kind of like my evil counterpart?" Jinhee asks. Hyungsik takes a sip of his coffee and nods.

"Everyone has a bit of darkness in them, that's a fact. Especially with powerful people, but we usually surpress it but something made your dark side stronger. Strong enough to be able to control you." Hyungsik explains as everyone listens intently.

"Is there any way to get rid of it?" Chanyeol asks, running a hand through his hair in a worried manner.

"I don't know much about this, I've only heard myths. I have this book...wait let me see if I can find it." Hyungsik says as he gets up and looks through his bookshelf. "Ah hah!" He yells while pulling out a thick book that kind of looked like it contained fairytales. He flips through the pages until he stops on one with a picture of a man with a crown with a distressed look on his face while a dark shadow smiles sinisterly in front of him. The man was on his knees and seemed to be begging for his life as, what seemed to be fireballs, fell behind them. "Here. Read this." Hyungsik states and slides the book on to Jinhee's lap.

"A king with such power ruled the land until a man in shadow took his hand. Slipping on a jeweled crest, the darkness filled up in his chest. Shadow overtook him and toyed with his life, people wanted to end him but not his wife. The Queen had a gift that she was ready to birth, she didn't want the gift to be endangered so she sent it to Earth. The Queen stayed with her husband until the end, he made a sacrifice that would shake the land. He broke his lifeline with his queen, Shadow was gone never to be seen." Jinhee read, silence settled over them as they thought.

"I did some research on this and it seems to be a tale about the former king and queen who disappeared. They were a legacy, the greatest and grandest rulers our world had ever had and after their sacrifices our world kind of went in to a spiral of chaos." Hyungsik explains as the boys seemed to know exactly what he was talking about. "More and more of the supernatural were leaving our world and going to others, mostly Earth. Recently the chaos has died down and now there's a mix of us everywhere, which is good but its still unsafe in our world." He continues.

"All of our parents were the guardians of the king and queen, they were close and were devastated when they sacrificed themselves." Suho sighed, looking down. Jinhee hadn't speaked at all, because one thought wouldn't leave her head.

He broke his lifeline with his queen, Shadow was gone never to be seen. What does that mean? Why did they use the words that they did? She felt as if she was going to find out.

"I'll find out more and call you when I do, until then just try and control the shadow. I'll try and find something that could suppress it, find what caused all of this and how it happened." Hyungsik orders as they all nod. They all get up to leave, thanking them as they go. "Jinhee, hold up." Hyungsik says and grabs her hand.

Jinhee turns towards him. "What's up?"

"Look, I'm really sorry I didn't contact you at all. I feel horrible that this was all happening and I didn't even know it. I'm so sorry, Jinhee." Hyungsik says as tears slowly begin to fill his eyes.

"Oh, Hyungsikie it's fine." Jinhee says, hugging him. "I forgive you. All that matters is you know now and you're helping me out a lot." She comforts. "I've got to go, but you better not feel guilty anymore. Are you okay now?" She asks while wiping his tears out his eyes. He nods.

"Yeah, I'm better now." He sniffles. Jinhee smiles and pecks his cheek.

"Love you." She cooes, going on her tippy toes to ruffle his hair. He smiles brightly and laughs.

"Love you too." Hyungsik answers back, they hug one more time before Jinhee leaves. "Don't worry, I'll find out all I can." He says determinetly to himself.

Time skip

Jinhee plops on the coach and sighs dramatically. "We're never going to find what caused Eris to happen." She groans, putting a hand over her forehead. "Its not like it going to be glowing with a sign saying 'Hey! I'm what caused your dark side to manifest itself in to a person!'" Jinhee says sarcastically.

"Hey..wait a minute." D.O mumbles and seems to have thought of something. Whispering among themselves, they come to an agreement and disperse. "J, why don't you come over here?" D.O says, gesturing towards himself. "I think I might of found something."

"Oh, really?" Jinhee asks, getting up and walking towards them.

"Now!" Someone yells and they all tackle her.

"Hey! What are you guys doing? Let me go!" Jinhee wiggles underneath them. Kai grabs the bracelet attached to her wrist, but right as he makes contact with it Jinhee stops moving.

"Don't touch that." She orders, her eyes flashing emerald and a force pulses itself and sends all of them sprawled around the living room. "How many times am I going to have to tell you guys to not touch the bracelet before you listen? Or am I going to make you listen?" She sneers, making her way towards Kai. Just as she raises her hand to do something, Tao latches his hand on to her wrist and slips off the bracelet in one motion. Eris crumples to the ground. "This might make it harder, but I've always been one for challenges." She smirks. "You guys just made this a hell of a lot harder on yourselves."

~~~~

I Jhope you enjoyed! Please do vote, comment, and give me a follow! BTS' album is p great like I literally love every song.

Fall is finally here and I love it! Basketball season is almost here as well which I lovee

What's y'alls favorite thing about Fall? 🍁🍁🍁