Chapter 55

Narrator

Kai's legs buckled under him and he began to drop to the floor but Jinhee caught him just before his knees make contact. With all the bustle around them no seemed to notice Kai's fatigued state, maybe it was normal for this to happen. 

"Are you alright?" Jinhee asked as she supported his weight and he faintly nods. 

"Peachy." Kai grunts out, his face covered with a light sheen of sweat. 

"It seems like we lost the guys, I can heal you but we'll have to go somewhere private." Jinhee states while putting Kai's arm around her shoulder. 

"Bathroom." Kai murmurs and weakly points in front of them. 

"Well, if there's no other place." Jinhee shrugs and pulls him into the girl's bathroom. She hauls him into one of the stalls, the bathroom surprisingly resembling those of Earth with a few differences but none too unusual, and sits him down against the wall. He sits, hunched over, with his head against the wall and hair sticking to his forehead. Locking the stall door with an echoing click, Jinhee turns her attention to Kai and immediately starts healing him. A warm glow illuminates her face and glows brightly in her hands as she lightly hovers it over Kai's whole body. The fatigue and weight in Kai's body begins to lessen until it dulled into nothing as he lets loose a content sigh. "You good now?" she asked, tipping Kai's chin upward to look at his face. He gave a small sigh and nodded. "Just sit for a couple minutes to rest and then we should go find the others." she said while brushing her fingers through Kai's hair to fix it which made Kai close his eyes. 

"Alright." Kai agreed with a nod but a twinge in his chest made him know he didn't really want to find the other guys, he'd rather just be with Jinhee alone but he knew that couldn't happen. 

A few minutes passed in silence until Kai got up and nodded at Jinhee to tell her they could go. They exit the stall, luckily no one else was in the bathroom otherwise there might have been a misunderstanding. They quickly hustle out the bathroom in separate to avoid any suspicion but, to be honest, no one was paying them any attention. "Shall we go look for the others?" Kai asked with a smile, feeling much more energized now that he was back to normal. Jinhee nods and gave him a small smile in return as Kai entwines their fingers and pulls her along. Jinhee watches in awe at everything around her, people in strange and beautiful clothing, everyone had a certain otherworldly beauty to them making her feel kind of self-conscious with her plainness, and there were people openly using there magic for numerous things. Peoples' bags followed after them, some of them were flying. Jinhee ducked as a bag went zooming past her head as a person ran somewhere in a hurry. "Oh, right, be careful about the luggage." Kai said, shooting her a quick glance before continuing to reminisce his surroundings. 

"Gee, thanks." Jinhee said sarcastically, saluting him mockingly with two fingers.  He hmmed in response, oblivious to her sarcasm which Jinhee found cute and laughed. "Do you even know where you're going?" she questioned, looking at their intertwined fingers as he continued to pull her along.

"Nah, but how's my homeland looking to you?" Kai asked while pulling her beside him and putting his arm around her shoulder. 

"Great, special, beautiful. It's amazing." she gushes while looking around with a sparkle in her eye and a smile.  Kai looked at her fondly and blurts out what came to his mind when she said that without thinking. 

"Funny, that's what I think about you." he said before his eyes slightly widened when he realized. Jinhee laughed at that, playfully punched him in the arm, and rolled her eyes. 

"Wow, cheesy." she chuckled and then sighed. A comfortable silence settled over them until Jinhee broke it. "But the same for you." 

"What?" Kai asked, confused.