Chapter 41: The Mysterious Bracelet and Ring

Jinhee's P.O.V

After I finished getting ready, I made my way to EXO's apartment. I was still a bit groggy since they woke me up so freaking early. I pushed open the door and looked up tiredly to find all of EXO turning their heads to look at me. "So, what did you guys wanna tell me that you had to wake me up so early?" I asked sarcastically. "Well..." Sehun started and then patted the spot beside him. I sighed and made my way over to him. I plopped my butt on to the couch, leaned my head on to Sehun's shoulder as he wrapped his arm around mine, and closed my eyes.

"Maybe we can tell you later and you can go back to sleep." D.O suggested. "No, no, it's fine. I'm awake anyway, so might as well tell me." I waved my hand. "Alright so...are you listening?" Baekhyun asked. "Yeah, yeah. I am." I answered. "Well we wanted to tell you to NOT, no matter what, talk or interact with us tomorrow." Baekhyun said. "Why?" I asked, puzzled and opened my eyes. "It's our supposed-to-be mate's birthday, but since we don't have one we can't control our shifts that day. We shift in and out of our wolf forms at random." Baekhyun explains. Hmm, that's weird. "Buut, I want to see you guys as cute wolves!" I whine, pushing the thought away.

"No, it's not safe. The only person who can 'calm or control' us in that form is our nonexistent mate. Any other person than that, we can't control what we do." Baekhyun says seriously. "And we're not cute as wolves, we're manly and dangerous." Luhan says, puffing his chest out a little. "Suree." I say. "But, do you remember what you did after you go back to being human?" I ask. "Of course, it's still ourselves just a little more...wild." Chen shrugs. "How can you get any wilder, Mr. High Notes?" I joke and mess up his hair.

He laughs and keeps his hair messy. "So, that's all you wanted to tell me?" I ask. "Yup, pretty much just don't go to the dorm tomorrow." Suho nods. I was a little sad and I wanted to tell them that it was my birthday tomorrow, but I didn't wanted to make them feel burdened. "Alright, I guess I'll just hang out with the others." I shrug. "Yeah, just know that we're doing this to protect you." Kai says and pats my back. "I know." I say. "Anyway, gotta go make plans and stuff. Bye." I say, give a small smile, and go out.

Small Time Skip and Narrator's P.O.V

"Oh, hey Jinnie Jin Jin. So, can we hang tomorrow?" Jinhee asks hopefully. "Oh, I'm sorry J. We have a pretty tight schedule tomorrow and we're flying out to Japan. We're super sorry we can't hang on your birthday, we'll make it up to you." Jin sighs, sad knowing that they won't be able to celebrate together for the first time. "Oh, um it's fine! Don't work yourself too hard and had fun! Love you guys." Jinhee forces a fake laugh. "Okay, we love you too." Jin says, his dejected knowing that she was sad.

"We love you, J!" Taehyung and Jungkook shouted from behind Jin. "Love you too! Got to go, bye!" Jinhee laughs and then hangs up. "Alright, how about GOT7." Jinhee says out loud, while calling Jaebum. "Hey, J!" He laughs and Jinhee could hear the yells of laughter from behind him. "Hey! So, I was wondering when we could celebrate my birthday tomorrow." Jinhee says cheerfully with a smile. "Oh, no." Jaebum drawls. Slowly the smile drops from Jinhee's face.

"I'm super sorry, J! I totally forgot that we're going to Bangkok for the week." He says while slapping his forehead. "Oh, really? Um, that's great! I hope you guys have a lot of fun, bring back some bugs for me will ya?" She laughs falsely. "Will do. We're super sorry, J. We can celebrate another time, maybe Bangtan can celebrate with you?" He suggests. "Huh? I mean, yeah they probably can. I'll talk to you later, have fun!" She says. "Happy early birthday, we'll hang out soon alright?" He says. "Alright. Bye!" She sighs and hangs up.

She spends the whole day calling up her friends, just to be turned down. Seventeen, concerts. SNSD, variety show. VIXX, doing their comeback stages. IKON, concert. Big Bang, concert. All NCT units are practicing. BL Seoul won't answer her calls. Her non-idol friends won't either. Everything was just going wrong.